• October 17, 2018, 11:49:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Transit Time  (Read 261 times)

Offline blickly

Transit Time
« on: June 02, 2018, 10:31:50 AM »
Hi, Can anyone tell me, once released on parole, how long does the inmate have to get from the IDOC facility to the place of parole? do they give you a time limit? what is the repercussion if you are late?

Thank you so much in advance

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
Re: Transit Time
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 06:08:53 PM »
I'm not sure there is an exact time limit. Your inmate will have plenty of time to get home as long as you don't venture out. Congrats on your loved one coming home!! If your loved one isn't there when the PO arrives, they will be violated and brought back.

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 11:27:54 PM »
I hope they give you a little time because when he comes home he will have some time on ankle monitor and he hasn't had a pair of jeans in 18 years I couldn't even begin to imagine e what size to get him lol. He has no clothes at home anymore nothing.
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋

Offline tmfreeman

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 12:08:21 AM »
I don't know that they give you an exact time to be home and I'm guessing they're probably stricter with SOs. My brother has always took his time getting home...stopping to eat, shopping, getting shoes, etc. and his PO has never got there before him. Usually he has to call to check in when he gets home and they don't even come out until the next day.

Offline Kay

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 08:35:07 PM »
When the PO made his home visit prior to my LO's release, he said it would be OK for my LO to stop and have lunch on the way home. As it happened, all he wanted to do was get "HOME", so we only grabbed a burger at a drive-thru.  However, we did need to make a quick stop at Wal-Mart because he outgrew the clothes we brought from home.

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 12:23:32 AM »
It has been 17 years and as we were split up when he got arrested my hubby has no clothes or anything here. I have to start over completely.
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 05:57:28 PM »
I think you'll have time to stop somewhere to get him some clothes. That shouldn't take all that long. Please keep in mind, he may not want to be out in a crowd right away. Your loved one has been inside of a prison for a long time and it will take some time for him to adapt.