• December 12, 2018, 12:04:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: SCC Credit  (Read 875 times)

Offline Skycountry4742

SCC Credit
« on: May 23, 2018, 09:17:29 AM »
Dose anyone know when the hold on the scc. Credit will be lifted?

Offline blickly

Re: SCC Credit
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 01:50:07 PM »
they are still giving some to people. you can follow this link and it will give you the ssc credits. there were i believe, 3 people that went home yesterday on it.

https://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/Offender/Pages/CommunityNotificationofInmateEarlyRelease.aspx

Offline Jillia

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 06:13:43 PM »
Seems like Big Muddy is the only prison not getting there good time I be glad when my husband gets it but when you call the head IDOC they make it seem like they haven't gave any out since January but that's a lie seems like I've been hearing a lot of people getting it

Offline blickly

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 08:48:45 AM »
i take and copy the whole list every day and past it into an excel document and sort it by the released date to see who has been released. i have been through all of evryone released in 2018 and there has only been one released from Vandalia also. it appears from all the idoc's only 1 or 2 are released a day with a average of 1 per day.. not every many considering how many people there are and how many idoc's there are.

Offline Jillia

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 06:09:11 PM »
Yes it doesn't make any sense being that the law passed in January

Offline ERwife

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 10:07:39 AM »
i take and copy the whole list every day and past it into an excel document and sort it by the released date to see who has been released. i have been through all of evryone released in 2018 and there has only been one released from Vandalia also. it appears from all the idoc's only 1 or 2 are released a day with a average of 1 per day.. not every many considering how many people there are and how many idoc's there are.

Keep in mind that list is only those that are released with SSC credit.  Not everyone is eligible for SSC credit.   I have a friend whose husband was released last month but not on that list because he did not receive SSC credit.  Also, I went to see my LO last Tuesday at Kewanee and I was in the waiting room with 2 ladies there to pick up their LO's, they were being released that morning.    There is no list of EVERYONE that is released from IDOC that I know of. 

Offline blickly

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 05:21:51 PM »
ya.. we were discussing ssc

Offline Jillia

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 06:03:20 PM »
I be glad when everyone gets some good news this makes no sense that they can't tell us anything

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 07:47:25 PM »
you can see from DOC's reports that the amount of SSC being awarded is declining.  This is contrary to the direction given DOC by the governor and the criminal justice reform commission.  Pure stupidity that DOC would ask for an increase in budget when they are not trying to lower costs but using SSC to decrease inmate population.  I have written both he Governor as well as my legislators. 

Offline dzr

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 12:28:29 PM »
I encourage everyone to continue to write the Governor & local representatives about SSC. There is currently a bill in the process of being signed for Federal prisoners allowing SSC for those that are not currently allowed to receive it. It is the First Steps Act H.R. 5682. I contacted the commission about this bill and asked if it will have any impact on Illinois reform. I was told that "unfortunately, federal reforms have zero impact on state efforts". I don't understand why federal law doesn't supersede state law. So again - contact your state & local reps and lets get things changed for our loved ones here in Illinois!

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 03:48:50 PM »
I am jaded, but the truth is, it is not in IDOC's best interest to award SSC, if they have less inmates, they have less funding. It is in their and their vendors best interests for there to be as many prisoners as possible. This should be taken over by the Prisoner Review Board or another group of people who do not have a dog in the fight. I have said this all along.
He's home!

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 06:39:16 PM »
tkesde1 yes you are right on point.  The only group who can directly impact this is the legislatures and any push that appears to help those incarcerated can be politically suicide.  The only argument that is working now is to lower costs other than that they could really give a rats ass about those who are incarcerated.  They don't have to worry about it since the political machine keeps their loved ones out of prison.