• December 13, 2018, 02:50:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Work Release Application  (Read 347 times)

Offline hiswife420

Work Release Application
« on: May 03, 2018, 02:54:58 PM »
Hello,
I  need some advice or words of wisdom. My LO has been eligible for work release for about 2 months now. He was given the application March 1 and he completed it and submitted it back to the counselor on 3/2. This is his 5th counselor in 5 months. I spoke with her last week and she confirmed that the application sat on a desk for two months because of the frequent turnover in counselors. During this conversation she told me he was a perfect candidate for work release and in reviewing his file she didn't see anything that warrant any denials and guaranteed me that she would submit the application no later than the end of this week. However, in speaking with my LO today it seems as if she now needs the "statement of facts" in order to submit the application. So she now has to request the statement of facts from the records department which can take easily 2-4 more weeks. My first questions is how long is the application valid? Will he have to reapply due to this lengthily delay? 2. How and why is this acceptable practice? 3. During his conversation with counselor there was a Srgt present and of course was thoroughly entertained by the fact that my LO obviously upset at what he was hearing. My LO stated he would request a transfer next month if the work release wasn't submitted by then to which the response was there will be significant delay's in that request as well. My LO stated he wanted to file a grievance regarding the significant delays and lack of resources for the rehabilitation for the inmates to which the Srgt laughed and said don't bother because those grievances get thrown out. Nobody reads them. Who can I all or bother to help? Does anyone have an advice?

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?