• December 16, 2018, 09:52:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Furious about this  (Read 459 times)

Offline coasterman

Furious about this
« on: April 24, 2018, 10:16:24 AM »
Today I got the last letter I sent to my LO because they claimed there was PERFUME on it. For the record I have never used perfume on any of my mail in general, and of course never to all my many, many letters to my loved one who has been at NRC. For all I know it could have been one of the workers in the mail room right there who was handling the mail with perfume on their hands. I want to take issue with that mail room about this, but I want to hold back so as not to jeopardize anything with my LO who is about to leave there. I have zero trust in that place, but what I want to know is where do I complain...the mailroom? Another higher up address perhaps?

Online sarashane

Re: Furious about this
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 03:03:21 PM »
My advice is to leave it alone. This is really small compared to the stuff you could be dealing with the IDOC. Save yourself and your LO the grief. You never know when you may have a more serious battle to deal with.
I had to go to a prison to find a man who treats me right!

Offline tmfreeman

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 04:18:53 PM »
This happened to me before. It really is small compared to a lot of other mail issues we've experienced. I just resent it and it went through the second time.

Offline Sizz

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 04:37:25 AM »
 :wc96:

This has happened to me too. Though I was upset, I let it go. With IDOC you have to decide what battles you want to pick and how they could effect your inmate and yourself.
                                               Good luck with whatever you decide! :wc30:

Sizz :wc71-1:

Offline coasterman

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 09:25:11 AM »
Yeah that's exactly how I feel; after the dust settles a bit and a person cools off some, one has to realize the big picture, for the sake of he LO that is being held there. After they are released it's another story.