• December 16, 2018, 09:20:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: HB 5104 Eliminate the $5 copay on Medical Care  (Read 530 times)

Offline Father

• Support Staff
HB 5104 Eliminate the $5 copay on Medical Care
« on: April 13, 2018, 09:44:47 AM »
This bill is working its way thru the legislature and has passed out of committee.  It will eliminate the $5 copy on medical care that offenders receive.  In my opinion the $5 copy is only symbolic and represents at least 1/3 of the state pay.  Please contact your legislators to support this bill.

Attached is a link to the Bill

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocTypeID=HB&DocNum=5104&GAID=14&SessionID=91&LegID=110650

Offline sarashane

Re: HB 5104 Eliminate the $5 copay on Medical Care
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 02:17:40 PM »
It past both houses! Excellent. Now my husband wont wait until hes in serious condition to go to medical.
I had to go to a prison to find a man who treats me right!

Offline tmfreeman

Re: HB 5104 Eliminate the $5 copay on Medical Care
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 04:49:56 PM »
This is a great thing but I honestly think most will still wait or not go at all just because the level of care is still crap. My husband can afford to go but won't go unless I keep hounding him or get mad and they never show any interest in what's wrong just give him ibuprofen with no follow-up.