• March 18, 2019, 07:20:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: First visit  (Read 566 times)

Offline Gbheoasut

First visit
« on: March 02, 2018, 11:32:27 PM »
I am visiting Shawnee next weekend, itís my first visit and Iím traveling 5 hours so I am nervous about anything going wrong.

Iíve heard some things about dress code so hoping to clear them up.

Can I wear sweatpants?
Tight jeans?
A hoodie?
Can my bra have an underwire?

Offline Gizgirl2

Re: First visit
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 06:25:31 AM »
I have never visited Shawnee so Iím not sure on their rules. If no one answers your question call them and ask. They will tell you what is allowed. Hope you have a great visit!

Offline sarashane

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 09:43:03 AM »
I have what I call my visiting bra. Itís a plain white bra that Iíve cut the underwire out of. Donít wear anything tight or even close to see through. Your neckline should be high. Basically, if you wouldnít wear it to church, grandmas house, or your kids school conference donít wear it to a visit. He wonít care what youíre wearing anyway. He just wants to see you.
I had to go to a prison to find a man who treats me right!

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 08:28:13 AM »
Ditto for panties, they check. I always wore a white t-shirt under everything I wore in there. It was part of my visiting wardrobe. I did wear an underwire with no problems (no bra is a problem though). Nothing tight (or with spandex). Nothing above the knee. Some allow jewelry, others don't. They were checking hair too near the end of my time visiting because a girl hid some stuff up in her hair to sneak into the visiting room. So if you wear your hair up, be prepared to have to take it down to show there is nothing in there. She was busted at their table while I was in there. The cops came and picked her up.
He's home!