• May 27, 2018, 10:35:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Program Credit  (Read 1002 times)

Offline pt1318

Re: Program Credit
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2018, 04:53:49 PM »
@ERwife please keep us posted on your LO. Mine also has a class M and X charge @50% and I always thought those charges were ineligible for program credit, so I'm very interested in the outcome for your LO. Hope he gets approved.

The new law passed and as of January 2018 they became eligible. My LO has been in programming since transferring to Kewanee in January. He just got 45 days credit  for 90 days of programming approved and recalculated yeaterday. So excited and hopeful!!!! Also, @bquionez husband got approved at Dixon, so you may want to tell your LO to talk to his counselor about specifics.

Could you send me the link for the new legislation as of Jan. 2018 please? I looked here ftp://www.ilga.gov/jcar/admincode/020/020001070F05200R.html but it says last amendment Feb. 2013, so I'm not sure this is the right place to look.
💙  Strength grows in the moments when you think you can't go on but you keep going anyway.  💙

Offline ERwife

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2018, 06:06:32 PM »
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=09900SB2872ham002&GA=99&SessionId=88&DocTypeId=SB&LegID=96191&DocNum=2872&GAID=13&Session=

I think this is it. But, Ive attempted to read it several times and only got confused and frustrated. Many people kept saying that Class X or M did nit qualify. So, I just prayed and left it up to my LO to work with his counselor in it. So, for what ever reason he got programming credits and was told that as long as he continues doing well and stay in programs, he would continue to get them. He was also told that at approximately 9 months, he can put in for SSC. #StillPraying

Offline Jillia

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2018, 06:52:54 PM »
Hello everyone do any of you all have any love ones in big muddy my husband gets out in Aug and they keep saying he's eligible for good time but still haven't heard anything praying they say something soon this is getting so stressful thank you all in advance

Offline pt1318

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2018, 03:36:22 AM »
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=09900SB2872ham002&GA=99&SessionId=88&DocTypeId=SB&LegID=96191&DocNum=2872&GAID=13&Session=

I think this is it. But, Ive attempted to read it several times and only got confused and frustrated. Many people kept saying that Class X or M did nit qualify. So, I just prayed and left it up to my LO to work with his counselor in it. So, for what ever reason he got programming credits and was told that as long as he continues doing well and stay in programs, he would continue to get them. He was also told that at approximately 9 months, he can put in for SSC. #StillPraying

:wc38:
💙  Strength grows in the moments when you think you can't go on but you keep going anyway.  💙

Offline Lu

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2018, 08:02:05 AM »
Thanks for your comments.   It appears that the same thing is happening for my LO who has a X charge.   His counselor has had him fill out paper work for Kewanee which would be a big step toward all that happening.   Still praying all that happens for these guys!