• September 23, 2018, 01:39:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Program Credit  (Read 1763 times)

Offline bquinonez

• Its me "B"
Program Credit
« on: March 02, 2018, 09:42:37 PM »
Not sure where to find info on program sentence credit. My husband (currently incarcerated) has been made aware by some fellow  inmates who work in prison industry or enrolled in school, that the state is offering Inmates  contrats to cut time off of their sentencing. Apparently this came into effect this year Jan 1st
This is specific to inmates convicted prior to 1998 at 50% sentencing.
Two Hearts One Love

Offline Father

• Support Staff
Re: Program Credit
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 07:47:54 PM »
Not sure if this is relevant to your question but attached is a link that covers programming credit

http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/020/02000107sections.html

See Sub part F

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 07:59:12 AM »
Lots of rumors go around, can't believe everything that is said. 

If things changed it would be in the Administrative Code Title 20

ftp://www.ilga.gov/jcar/admincode/020/020parts.html
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

ďInstead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.Ē

Online pt1318

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 03:10:19 PM »
I think all class M and X charges are automatically excluded from any program credit.
💙  Strength grows in the moments when you think you can't go on but you keep going anyway.  💙

Offline Neena

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 08:02:54 AM »
My husband is a class X inmate and he signed a contract for working in the industry - He was told upon signing the contract that it is then sent to Springfield and then it is at their discretion to approve or deny the credit.

Online ERwife

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 09:06:44 PM »
My husband is a class X inmate and he signed a contract for working in the industry - He was told upon signing the contract that it is then sent to Springfield and then it is at their discretion to approve or deny the credit.

Thanks for sharing. Can you keep us updated as to the result?  My LO and I continue having this conversation because he is a Class M and I thought he was not eligible but he was told by his counselor that he is.  I just dont want either of us to get our hopes up high.  But, it will make a tremendous difference. 

Offline bquinonez

• Its me "B"
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 08:05:21 PM »
My husband was given contract to sign due to being employed in the prison industry. Come April 2nd, he along with some fellow inmates will be notified if they have been approved to get time off from their sentence.  I believe itís for every 90 days employed (given they behind, get no tickets, no she) they take 45 days off their sentence. Hes been locked up 23 yrs. Hoping he gets approved because if he is, he will be free in 1-2 years.
Two Hearts One Love

Offline ashleysiek

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 09:37:25 AM »
Do you know which prison he is in? My l/o also has a class x felony for murder, I wonder if it would apply to him? Or.if he can apply for it.

Online ERwife

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 05:03:24 PM »
My husband was given contract to sign due to being employed in the prison industry. Come April 2nd, he along with some fellow inmates will be notified if they have been approved to get time off from their sentence.  I believe itís for every 90 days employed (given they behind, get no tickets, no she) they take 45 days off their sentence. Hes been locked up 23 yrs. Hoping he gets approved because if he is, he will be free in 1-2 years.

bquinonez, has your LO gotten a response about program credit for his contract?  My LO signed a contract a week ago and was again told it would be submitted for program credit.  He is also serving time for Class X and 50% and was told that he would get 45 days for every 90 days of programming.  I guess I wont believe it until I see it. 

Offline bquinonez

• Its me "B"
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 04:40:26 PM »
My husband is in Dixon. He was told they would find out this month in April, who all has been approved.
He did tell me that inmates serving at 85% were denied. Crossing my fingers he finds out this week.
Two Hearts One Love

Online ERwife

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2018, 05:46:56 PM »
My husband is in Dixon. He was told they would find out this month in April, who all has been approved.
He did tell me that inmates serving at 85% were denied. Crossing my fingers he finds out this week.

@bquinonez, any update on your husbands work credit? We're waiting for my LOs response and I feel like I should prepare myself.

Offline bquinonez

• Its me "B"
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 07:11:48 PM »
@ERwife kinda. He did get a notice of the days heís been approved for so far BUT was told that paperwork now needs to be processed by Springfield rather than the prison counselors. Which...in my opinion is just another way to drag things out. Not to say that they arenít approved just that their outdates will take awhile to change in IDOC. He did tell me that a coworker of his, apparently was given enough time to be released without notice. They simply pulled him from work and told him it was time to pack and go home.
Two Hearts One Love

Online ERwife

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 08:55:16 PM »
@ERwife kinda. He did get a notice of the days heís been approved for so far BUT was told that paperwork now needs to be processed by Springfield rather than the prison counselors. Which...in my opinion is just another way to drag things out. Not to say that they arenít approved just that their outdates will take awhile to change in IDOC. He did tell me that a coworker of his, apparently was given enough time to be released without notice. They simply pulled him from work and told him it was time to pack and go home.

Ok thanks....we were told the his should be proceased by Friday so I wil check. Fingers crossed that things work out for bith of us.

Offline bquinonez

• Its me "B"
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 05:19:30 PM »
My husband was notified today that his time was approved.  Great News.
Hope everyone elseís loved ones get approved.
Two Hearts One Love

Online ERwife

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2018, 05:36:07 PM »
My husband was notified today that his time was approved.  Great News.
Hope everyone elseís loved ones get approved.

Awesome....Congrats!!!

Offline ashleysiek

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2018, 09:27:32 PM »
Erwife, do you know what the name of this program is? I wanted to get more info. Also, what kind of case is it? Like class 1 2 3 4, x?

Online ERwife

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2018, 06:49:19 AM »
Erwife, do you know what the name of this program is? I wanted to get more info. Also, what kind of case is it? Like class 1 2 3 4, x?

My LO is at Kewanee and its a requirent for inmates to enroll in life akills classes. They get offered various classes each month. He has a class X and class M case. Hes been in for 20 years.

Online pt1318

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2018, 07:48:31 AM »
@ERwife please keep us posted on your LO. Mine also has a class M and X charge @50% and I always thought those charges were ineligible for program credit, so I'm very interested in the outcome for your LO. Hope he gets approved.
💙  Strength grows in the moments when you think you can't go on but you keep going anyway.  💙

Offline Skycountry4742

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2018, 08:55:03 AM »
Can anyone please tell me when the freeze will be lifted on the SSC credit. Thank you and God Bless

Online ERwife

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2018, 10:06:39 AM »
@ERwife please keep us posted on your LO. Mine also has a class M and X charge @50% and I always thought those charges were ineligible for program credit, so I'm very interested in the outcome for your LO. Hope he gets approved.

The new law passed and as of January 2018 they became eligible. My LO has been in programming since transferring to Kewanee in January. He just got 45 days credit  for 90 days of programming approved and recalculated yeaterday. So excited and hopeful!!!! Also, @bquionez husband got approved at Dixon, so you may want to tell your LO to talk to his counselor about specifics.