• October 15, 2018, 11:35:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: What number does inmate call from?  (Read 924 times)

Offline tegoguy

What number does inmate call from?
« on: March 01, 2018, 06:11:34 PM »
I sent my lo some money. It's finally saying that he received it. I haven't heard from him. I never answer calls that I don't recofnize, and then it dawn on me that it could possibly be him calling me. What number, area code, do they call from. I've been getting strange calls but no message. I'm wondering if it is him.

Offline Father

• Support Staff
Re: What number does inmate call from?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 10:22:30 PM »
I am not sure if all calls from different facilities have the same number.  Our son is located in Taylorville and the number starts with 866.  He cannot leave a message.  Have you set up a Securus account? 

IF you have a securus account you have to answer the first call and then you are approved.  After which he can call.  If we miss our sons call a strange message like ... rate quotes press 7... is recorded.

Offline pt1318

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 03:55:05 AM »
The number that shows on your display is 866-718-4777, same caller ID for all IDOC facilities. But like father said, you need a Securus account to receive calls. Hope you get to talk to him soon.
💙  Strength grows in the moments when you think you can't go on but you keep going anyway.  💙

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 04:37:57 AM »
My son is also at Taylorville and the numbers do change - my son calls from several 866 numbers.

Offline pt1318

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 10:46:08 AM »
My son is also at Taylorville and the numbers do change - my son calls from several 866 numbers.

That's strange. :wc13: That number is the caller ID as per the IDOC website and I've never received a call from a different number, not before or after my lo's transfer...
💙  Strength grows in the moments when you think you can't go on but you keep going anyway.  💙

Online tmfreeman

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 02:52:39 PM »
Here recently calls have been coming from individual numbers for each facility. I only know who it is because I know the area code or the normal cut off recording is left on the voicemail.

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 06:44:58 PM »
Yes, I get calls from 217 area code also