• October 15, 2018, 11:19:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Application for Work Release  (Read 380 times)

Offline hiswife420

Application for Work Release
« on: February 22, 2018, 08:26:18 PM »
Hello!
My LO is eligible to apply for Work Release early next week. I have a few questions. 1. How does the application process work? How likely is it that he will get approved? He has been the "ideal inmate" he is on A grade, hasn't gotten any tickets or violations. Prior to him going in he interviewed for an apprenticeship with a beginners plumbing company that has since reached to offer him the apprenticeship. They knew about his situation and understood the circumstances. They would like to help him in any way possible to get approved for the work release program. They offered a letter of intent and even attempted to contact the counselor multiple times which proved unsuccessful. The owner even spoke with the head counselor and they advised him to call her back in one hour because she was out for lunch...
Anyway is there somewhere that we can get this letter of intent sent to? Is it even worth it? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Father

• Support Staff
Re: Application for Work Release
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 07:25:36 PM »
Attached is a link that will direct you to the JCAR web page discussing the work release program.  There are some restrictions,  I am not sure how much help a letter would help but it doesn't help to write a letter to the Warden.  I don't have much experience in this but from what I learned his counselor plays a big part in the recommendation.  One issue I am not sure about is where they release you too.. I was told by my son that you don't have much choice and you could hope for one place but wind up across the state in an area you really don't want to be at  But again this could be just another prison rumor.

http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/020/02000455sections.html

Offline hiswife420

Re: Application for Work Release
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 10:03:09 AM »
Thank you for the information. It was very helpful.