• October 15, 2018, 04:00:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Video Visits  (Read 1066 times)

Offline tmfreeman

Video Visits
« on: February 01, 2018, 09:16:30 PM »
Does anyone know for sure how video visits are counted in their allotted number of visits per month? The rules say they are allowed two video visits per week and they are counted against their allotted visits but it almost sounds like 2 count as one but I could be wrong so just wanted to double check with everyone. The last time we asked at his facility the COs had nothing but guesses.

Offline pt1318

Re: Video Visits
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 11:56:48 AM »
Unfortunately I'm not sure either but I thought they weren't allowed to count the video visits against the total number of allowed visits any longer now that HB2989 passed and went into effect Jan. 1st. Maybe I'm misreading it, here's what it says:

(f-10) The Department may not restrict or limit in-person
visits to committed persons due to the availability of
interactive video conferences.
💙  Strength grows in the moments when you think you can't go on but you keep going anyway.  💙

Offline tmfreeman

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 03:11:02 PM »
My understanding of that is that video visitation cannot replace in person visitation like some jails have done. But it counts...IDOC isn't just gonna let them have what would essentially be unlimited visits.

Offline Sissy12

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 04:08:02 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with setting this up? I went to do mine and it would not let me pass the children questions, I kept saying no, but it still made me answer the questions, so I just stated none in each box. but I have yet to hear anything one way or another. does anyone know how long it takes? I am just worried I have messed something up and I am not aware of it. also I couldn't find his place just IDOC.
url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
[

Offline ERwife

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 06:08:54 PM »
Sissy12, I didnt have that problem.  But, I was adding children.  There was someone else here with the same issue before and I believe they said it was some kind of glitch.  You may have to call them (GTL) to get help.

Offline pt1318

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 02:05:35 AM »
I waited a whole month before I finally got approved.
💙  Strength grows in the moments when you think you can't go on but you keep going anyway.  💙

Offline Sissy12

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 11:18:47 AM »
Thanks Y'all.. I guess I will give it a little more time.. it's been about 3 weeks. Just looking forward to video visits when I can't get down there. Weather has been kind of getting in my way the last couple of weeks.
url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
[

Offline boop

Re: Video Visits help please
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 04:07:32 PM »
I hope someone has an answer, I give up. Iím approved for video visits at Centralia. I canít set up a visit because I have to add a cc. Iím having. Moment and canít figure out how to add a cc. Help please

Offline tmfreeman

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 08:02:12 PM »
If I remember correctly you have to do the actual visit scheduling/adding a card on a computer and they highly recommend you visit on a computer instead of a phone due to glitches and very strict rules about other people potentially being on the screen.

Offline kirstyknott

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2018, 10:09:33 AM »
I applied for video visits last week and had the whole child issue as I wont be having any children involved so I put 'non'...just got an email saying I had been rejected because the wording should have been 'no' ffs. If I don't laugh I will cry!

Offline tmfreeman

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2018, 10:14:20 PM »
The whole process is ridiculous. To add our kids I have to send their birth certificates or whatever to the facility even though they have on file already at the facility that they're my kids. I haven't even bothered yet. I was approved but haven't used the video visits cause for us they're not really practical. I can drive there for a little more than the price of a video visit.

Offline sarashane

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 04:54:02 PM »
I got an email today saying our video visit for the 21st was cancelled. There was no reason or explanation. Any ideas ladies.
I had to go to a prison to find a man who treats me right!