• December 10, 2018, 07:04:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Elderly bill  (Read 975 times)

Online sarashane

Elderly bill
« on: January 13, 2018, 12:21:11 PM »
The rumor mill is at it again. My poor husband has been told by 2 people (1inmate and 1 person on the outside) that the 25/50 elderly bill passed. I know this is bunk, but he asked me to ask you all if you’ve heard anything about this. So, has anyone?
I had to go to a prison to find a man who treats me right!

Online Jgmgirl

Re: Elderly bill
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 08:18:33 PM »
My husband was told the same thing back in the summer but I haven't been able to locate anything regarding the bill. It would be nice if it got passed.

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 12:02:12 AM »
What is 25/50
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋

Online sarashane

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 08:15:59 AM »
If you’re at least 50 and have done at least 25 years you would be eligible to go before the parole board. The bill  died a couple of years ago, but rumors of it passing are still going around, getting hopes up.
I had to go to a prison to find a man who treats me right!

Offline pt1318

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 09:46:55 AM »
The rumor mill is at it again. My poor husband has been told by 2 people (1inmate and 1 person on the outside) that the 25/50 elderly bill passed. I know this is bunk, but he asked me to ask you all if you’ve heard anything about this. So, has anyone?

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=3816&GAID=14&GA=100&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=105794&SessionID=91

This is all I could find, the bill was filed in the beginning of last year but didn't pass.
💙  Strength grows in the moments when you think you can't go on but you keep going anyway.  💙

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 07:49:06 AM »
That bill is dead .. another would have to be written and the process started all over again.  Many bills wind up like this, nothing ever comes of them.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”