• November 13, 2018, 10:30:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Transportation to the DuQuoin Boot Camp Facility  (Read 751 times)

Offline Gava

Transportation to the DuQuoin Boot Camp Facility
« on: December 14, 2017, 09:00:52 AM »
Greetings!  My son arrived at the DuQuoin BC on 12-7-2017.  I have been busy reading all I can find on this forum.  Some of the information is old, so I wanted to clarify a couple of things.
1.  Will his collect phone calls to me need to be made on a land line?
2.  Does anyone know of professional group transportation from the Joliet area to DuQuoin BC?  I know that there are no "drop offs", however is there bus service that is allowed?
3.  His father had a felony 35 years ago, didn't serve any time.  Will this prevent him from visiting?
It took about a month to register for this forum, I did it while he was still at RC.  It has saved me from losing my mind.  My son was only in RC for a month, so I feel blessed for that, and of course the fact that he was spared hard time is the biggest blessing.  Thank you!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Transportation to the DuQuoin Boot Camp Facility
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 10:16:37 AM »
Greetings!  My son arrived at the DuQuoin BC on 12-7-2017.  I have been busy reading all I can find on this forum.  Some of the information is old, so I wanted to clarify a couple of things.
1.  Will his collect phone calls to me need to be made on a land line? 
2.  Does anyone know of professional group transportation from the Joliet area to DuQuoin BC?  I know that there are no "drop offs", however is there bus service that is allowed?
3.  His father had a felony 35 years ago, didn't serve any time.  Will this prevent him from visiting?
It took about a month to register for this forum, I did it while he was still at RC.  It has saved me from losing my mind.  My son was only in RC for a month, so I feel blessed for that, and of course the fact that he was spared hard time is the biggest blessing.  Thank you!

He can set up any phone on his calling list to be approved.. Once approved, you will get calls, but those calls may not come until he has gone through and gotten to a certain point in BC.  You will be able to write him, being careful what your write.. the information on this site maybe dated, but alot of it is still the way it is in IDOC.

You are going to have to contact the transportation companies that post on this board and ask them where they go.. IPT does not endorse any of these companies, we allow them to post, but it's up to you to work our anything else.

His father may need to get special permission to be allowed to visit.  He should call his counselor and ask.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 10:32:51 AM »
Gava

IDOC like every other state agency has to follow the rules set down by JCAR (Joint Committee for Administrative Rules).

The rules are a little different for those in Boot Camp

I have attached a link that discusses the Impact Incarceration Program

http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/020/02000460sections.html

Also I have copied the portion that discusses what he can do during Boot Camp

f)         Committed persons shall be afforded the rights and privileges set forth in 20 Ill. Adm. Code 525 with the following exceptions:

1)         Visits shall not be allowed during the first 60 days of the program and telephone calls shall not be allowed during the first 30 days of the program, except for visits from and telephone calls to attorneys and their paralegals and investigators, clergy, or in an emergency.

2)         Packages and publications shall be prohibited and shall be returned to the sender at the sender's expense if the sender's identity can be determined.  If, within five days of receipt, the sender's identity cannot be determined and the committed person does not designate another person to receive such materials at his expense, the materials shall be disposed of by the facility.

3)         Permission to marry shall not normally be granted.

g)         Committed persons shall be provided a standard credit amount for canteen trading each week.  This amount shall not accumulate.  Committed persons shall be required to trade for necessary personal hygiene items when initial State-issued items are depleted prior to obtaining other canteen items.

h)         Receipt and deposit of funds shall be in accordance with 20 Ill. Adm. Code 205 and 525.  However, committed persons shall be prohibited from expending trust fund monies, except as approved by the Chief Administrative Officer.

i)          Except as provided in this Part or as otherwise determined by the Chief Administrative Officer, privileges, services, and other requirements set forth in departmental rules shall not apply to committed persons accepted in the Impact Incarceration Program.

I hope this helps

Offline Gava

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 02:31:27 PM »
Thank you everyone.