• August 18, 2018, 04:41:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Expungement Issues  (Read 464 times)

Offline Father

• Support Staff
Expungement Issues
« on: December 05, 2017, 09:19:36 PM »
I am having an issue with a circuit court regarding expungements.  I recently filed and was granted a partial expungement of a dismissed charge against my son but the circuit courts office could not completely remove it from public view due to a software issue.  Their software that enters the information which also posts it on judici cannot completely remove the charge.  I was told by a local attorney that because of this the judges in this circuit will not be granting any expungements for any kind of charge.  This is contrary to the current law. 

Is anybody else having a similar issue?

Offline Familyties

Re: Expungement Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 08:38:58 PM »
Sorry for your situation.  I have not dealt with that particular issue, but the circuit courts office seem to make their own rules.  I have found errors on papers filed by the court and was told it is because of the system they use.  The errors have not been corrected, therefore the mittimus is incorrect.  Seems they donít really care, if it's not bothering them personally.  It is really frustrating when you get answers that really make no sense!  Hang in there and good luck.