• December 13, 2018, 10:05:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Menard Tablets  (Read 761 times)

Offline mrsk97279

• Hope for Inmates
Menard Tablets
« on: November 22, 2017, 03:39:19 PM »
Hey y'all trying to get some resolution to the rumor mill.  Can anyone confirm if Menard is supposed to go wireless next year? Meaning phone calls and messages will be available on the tablets along with email, music and games in 2018. I'm saying no but you know how the rumors fly. And any chance tablets will be available at Stateville and Pontiac?
A great relationship is not built on how much time you spend together physically, but rather, the foundation you build together spiritually and emotionally...

Offline Jgmgirl

Re: Menard Tablets
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 06:22:14 PM »
My husband just asked about this. He's in Pontiac medium unit.  Will they be able to make calls from the tablets? He said they are using one phone spaces in the dayroom for the video visit kiosk leaving only one phone. He's wondering how that s going to impact everyone

Offline mrsk97279

• Hope for Inmates
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 06:45:31 PM »
There are so many rumors adn of course no one from IDOC will ever give anyone a real answer. Just like visiting room pics. Stateville has them now, so when will menard and Pontiac?? No one knows. Its a big damn secret. lol
A great relationship is not built on how much time you spend together physically, but rather, the foundation you build together spiritually and emotionally...

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 03:11:44 PM »
I HEARD that they are only for music.  I would doubt IDOC would allow phone conversations or un monitored emails or any communications directly to the offenders. 

Offline mrsk97279

• Hope for Inmates
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 12:51:30 PM »
I would NEVER expect anything in DOC to be unmonitored. Just checking rumor mills