• November 13, 2018, 10:41:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Parole Site denied  (Read 878 times)

Offline cjm090

Parole Site denied
« on: October 10, 2017, 06:10:11 PM »
My husband is set to get out early next year. Last week I got the parole site questionnaire and filled it out. Today he received a denial stating “no one can submit a parole site where you have been arrested for domestic charges or you had an order of protection against you, even if the charges were dropped.”  He was arrested 17+ years ago (5 addresses ago) on a domestic charge involving me and it was dropped/nolle prosequi. Nothing since then. This is the same address where he lived when he went in 3 years ago and his name is on the lease.  If he can’t parole to me, shouldn’t my visits have been denied?I have been visiting him the entire time. He has talked to all his counselors about his parole plan since day 1 and no one ever told him he couldn’t come home! Is there anyone who has experienced this? Anyone I can call?

Offline holdinitdown

Re: Parole Site denied
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 02:33:11 PM »
It is not you it is the address in which he was arrested sounds like if he wants to parole to you you may have to move.
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋

Offline cjm090

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 04:52:20 PM »
No this is not the address where he was arrested. I made some phone calls and it is not the address, it is me. It is under review now and I am praying for a reversal.

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 12:18:28 AM »
I will pray for you as well good luck theyan be so ridiculous
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 06:58:37 AM »
IDOC when they see order of protection or domestic charges are VERY strict and he probably is going to be told to stay away from you also upon release.  This has happened to many and sometimes the guys stay in to serve 1/2 of their parole and when released they have no further orders from IDOC.

Hope it all works out.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline zsr5

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 04:01:51 PM »
No this is not the address where he was arrested. I made some phone calls and it is not the address, it is me. It is under review now and I am praying for a reversal.

Any update on your situation? 

Offline Tabbyluv30

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 07:35:58 PM »
 Any updates P.O suppose to come Saturday and he was arrested originally on domestic charges but was dropped but then he got caught with contraband in the county jail and got sent to prison for that I hope they don’t mess us over I screamed my love 😍 so loudly at work after I got that call finally after waiting seems forever

Offline Bill

• Publisher, 'STATEVILLE SPEAKS'
  • Mod Squad
  • "Stateville Speaks" ~ Publisher
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 07:14:17 PM »
i havent been onn ipt for lng time so not sure i posting correct place. anyway wanted y;all to know  state rep rita mayfield will introduce a paole bill in january. i assume everyone on here knows prole was eliminated in 1978 we have msr mandatory sentence requirement that is called parole but itis not itis an addition to sentences.
rep mayfield bill is inclusive of all incarcerated. this bill will be introduced in general assembly in january.  the proposal grew out of framework for parole developed by stateville debate team. you can read more about parole at website paroleillinois.org
we are hoping all ip[ters will join to makeparole a reality in illinois.
mah i have lost your phone number my email is nanatoad@comcast.net let hook up