• May 27, 2018, 10:33:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Freaking out  (Read 1090 times)

Offline haleyjen

Freaking out
« on: September 12, 2017, 06:43:18 PM »
My LO gave me a list of 100 books you should read to send them and I've been sending them one by one.  I send them from Amazon so he always gets them the day they're delivered or the next day.  The last one I sent got there the sixth and I just looked it up and found out it's about two guys on a road trip where they do a lot of drugs.  I never would have sent it if I knew.  Am I going to be banned from contact with him now?  Will they not let him parole home because I sent this book??  We've been so careful, and I am just beside myself.

Offline holdinitdown

Re: Freaking out
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 03:46:09 AM »
The most that will happen is they will disapprove it and he can choose to destroy it or send it home.
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 07:16:48 AM »
Exactly - my LO asked for an Atlas so dummy Mom sent it from Amazon - the CO's are still laughing at that one. And....I have it back at my house after it was denied to my son.

Offline haleyjen

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 07:46:24 AM »
Ok, thanks!  I figured if it was on a "100 books to read before you die" list it was ok - stupid me : )

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 10:20:36 AM »
@trauma-  :wc35: laughing with you!!

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 02:00:35 PM »
@Zach's Mom - yeah what was I thinking....duh!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 11:21:25 AM »
Exactly - my LO asked for an Atlas so dummy Mom sent it from Amazon - the CO's are still laughing at that one. And....I have it back at my house after it was denied to my son.

My son wanted to know where he was at, so I printed him a map and mailed it in.. The CO's laughed showed him I had sent mail, probably told him what it was and then threw it away.. you aren't the only one that made that mistake.. LOL ... live and learn.. that was MANY moons ago.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 03:08:53 PM »
lol Mah - so I'm in good company!