• October 15, 2018, 04:02:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Recorded phone calls  (Read 1150 times)

Offline haleyjen

Recorded phone calls
« on: July 06, 2017, 09:39:29 AM »
How often are calls recorded?  I always panic whenever I use a wrong word.  For example, untold myLO how the liquor store up the block was robbed and now I am panicking because I used the words robbed and gun and don't want to get blocked.  I'm so scared all the time, but when I'm talking to him and I relax and speak normally.

Offline Nemdf

Re: Recorded phone calls
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 07:43:12 AM »
I truly don't know the answer to this, but I expect that 100% of the calls are recorded.  My feeling is that no one listens to the calls, unless something comes up related to that inmate's activities or behaviors, then they go back and listen to his/her calls.  You are probably fine. 

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 10:37:00 AM »
This is/was my expectation as well Nemdf. I worked for a while installing phone systems with a "this call may be recorded" message and all calls were recorded onto a very large mainframe at corporate and if a customer called with an issue we were able to go back to the date/time/phone number spoken to and pull up the audio file.  We only kept calls for 60 days, from 350 locations nationwide. I don't know how that would translate for the state - but I would imagine it's similar.
He's home!

Offline haleyjen

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 05:41:49 PM »
Thanks, everybody.  I'm just so scared of doing anything wrong because he has no family here and can't parole anywhere else.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 07:42:00 AM »
How often are calls recorded?  I always panic whenever I use a wrong word.  For example, untold myLO how the liquor store up the block was robbed and now I am panicking because I used the words robbed and gun and don't want to get blocked.  I'm so scared all the time, but when I'm talking to him and I relax and speak normally.

They are all recorded all the time and if the inmate gets into any trouble, the will go back over them and check things out.. Always be careful what you say.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”