• February 20, 2019, 10:30:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: SSC  (Read 2009 times)

Offline haleyjen

SSC
« on: June 20, 2017, 07:22:38 PM »
How does someone apply for SSC?  My LO asked his counselor and she told him that there's a list somewhere that gets removed and there's nothing she can do.  Is this correct, or is she lazy?

Offline robin in ohio

Re: SSC
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 01:29:57 PM »
There is a list. I'll look and see if I can fine it for you. There's also videos that explains the process of filing. I found them very helpful when we filed my husband's. We should be getting word from the governor on it any day now. The Gov has been goin through them pretty fast. When we filed back in the spring of 2016 he was back logged from the passed governors. My husband has a friend that filed in the summer of 2015 and has gotten word from the governor on his this passed April.

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 02:06:47 PM »
I think that there may be some confusion here, SSC - supplemental sentence credit?

Supplemental Sentence Credit ("SSC") refers to credit of up to 180 days on an offender's incarceration that can be issued as a result of an offender's good conduct. This credit is at the sole discretion of the Director of the Department of Corrections or his designee. Similar to Statutory Sentence Credit and Program Sentence Credit, offenders may lose SSC based on their behavior while in custody.

In response to changes in the law regarding awards of sentence credit, revised administrative rules have been finalized and appear in the Illinois Register. Under the revised rules, review of offenders for an award of SSC is pursuant to 20 Ill. Adm. Code 107.210, "Awarding of Supplemental Sentence Credit."

For an offender to be eligible for an award of SSC, first and foremost, he or she must have served more than 60 days in IDOC custody and be serving a sentence for offenses that are not excluded from an award pursuant to Section 3-6-3(a)(3) of the Code of Corrections (730 ILCS 5/3-6-3(a)(3)). Additionally, some offenders, by the nature of their current commitment offenses, will only be eligible for up to 90 days of SSC pursuant to Section 3-6-3(a)(3) of the Code of Corrections.
He's home!

Offline haleyjen

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 02:07:59 PM »
Yes!  I think that was clemency from the first poster, which is also great info but we need to get him home first:

Offline haleyjen

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 02:11:01 PM »
Ok, he's served 6 months of a low level class 2 felony (first incarceration, he had done drug probation previously), he has 11 months left.  It seems like he should be eligible so now I guess we wait.  Calling Springfield doesn't help in this case?

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 04:08:41 PM »
Not in this case, it specifically states not to call.

The link is:

https://www.illinois.gov/idoc/aboutus/Pages/faq.aspx#qst1

For those with family or friends within IDOC we appreciate your patience as the Department works to safely and responsibly implement the SSC credit program. Because of the many factors the Department intends to consider for each potentially eligible offender, it is impossible for the Department to project whether or when any specific offender will receive an award of SSC credit. It is also not possible for the Department to respond to inquiries concerning an offender's likelihood of receiving an award of SSC due to the Department's policy that prevents the disclosure of confidential master record file information and criminal history. If an offender is projected to have a revised parole date as a result of an award of SSC, the inmate will be notified, and his or her time adjustment will be reflected on the IDOC website under the offender's profile in the Offender Search link.
He's home!

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 10:37:41 PM »
what I have learned is that they will not discuss this issue with anyone.  SSC is awarded near the end of an inmates sentence and the inmate is usually informed about 2 months prior to his release.  So for your example if his current Parole Date is June 1st 2018 and he is awarded 4 months of good time (new Parole Date of Feb 1 2018) than he will probably be notified something in December of this year. 
There is nothing that I could find in writing that describes in details this process. 

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 06:58:07 AM »
what I have learned is that they will not discuss this issue with anyone.  SSC is awarded near the end of an inmates sentence and the inmate is usually informed about 2 months prior to his release.  So for your example if his current Parole Date is June 1st 2018 and he is awarded 4 months of good time (new Parole Date of Feb 1 2018) than he will probably be notified something in December of this year. 
There is nothing that I could find in writing that describes in details this process. 

You are right, LO's cannot call, they won't answer/talk to you about it.

They will be notified closer to his release if he will earn any SSC,  it's a waiting game. 

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”