• October 15, 2018, 04:00:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Direct Bill VS Advanced Connect Securus  (Read 829 times)

Offline knsnapp

Direct Bill VS Advanced Connect Securus
« on: May 25, 2017, 09:13:44 AM »
was curious if anyone has done the direct bill for securus vs the advanced connect are the prices for calls the same or is it cheaper to do direct?

Offline Lu

Re: Direct Bill VS Advanced Connect Securus
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 09:35:26 AM »
I always do the Advance where you prepay/deposit so much money (I do $$ per week).  My son has mentioned that he knows of people who have a Securus account where you pay $100/month with unlimited calls.   Does anyone know about this program and what it may be called?   I've budgeted that much a month anyway so it would be helpful to have unlimited calls too.   If anyone knows about this, please let us know.   Thanks!

Offline haleyjen

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 08:43:39 AM »
Me too, I generally do about 25 per week as well.

Offline Lu

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 10:52:58 AM »
I called Securus and asked them about an "$100/unlimited calls" program that my son says others are using.   They said there was no such program.   This makes sense because they would lose a lot of money with "unlimited"!