• February 23, 2019, 09:56:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: SB 2872 HFA 2 - On Governor's Desk  (Read 11802 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: SB 2872 HFA 2 - On Governor's Desk
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2017, 08:06:06 AM »
I have been trying to interpret this new law. I have a friend incarcerated and think this might drastically reduce his sentence, but lots of grey area in this law. Can someone tell me a source to go to where I can plug in some numbers to do the math for sentence credit? Or do I need to go to the warden at the facility where he is being held to have them determine his sentence credit? Somebody somewhere has to know how to accurately calculate the sentence credit?

They will tell your LO if he is eligible for sentence credit, when he received paperwork for it, there isn't anyone that will tell you anything.  Depending on his conviction, if it was at 50% he maybe eligible to take classes/programs to earn more.  The new law 2872 is not going into effect until January 2018.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Kauper

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2017, 10:19:53 AM »
A friend is incarcerated and this new law may allow for substantial time off of his sentence. The law has some grey areas written in so can be confusing. Where or to whom can I go to, to get the accurate mathematical representation for time off credit for a specific prisoner, in this case, my friend.
Not sure how calculations are done and what IDOC uses for sentence and for the credit.

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2017, 04:04:10 PM »
It is retroactive in one way but not in others everyone will be eligible no matter when they were sentenced. However it will not count for any time served classes programs or jobs prior to Jan 2018
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2017, 03:16:11 PM »
Once the legislation gets hammered out thru JCAR it should be more clearer.  But my guess is friends and family of LO's incarcerated still wont get much help from IDOC on inquiries

Offline Kscargomez2018

• Dres Girl Alwyas
  • countdown begins
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2017, 01:11:23 PM »
I’ve been reading it over and over and there is no clear statement of who and what is eligible ? Anyone have any clarification how this will effect inmates on jan 2018

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2017, 07:47:53 AM »
I’ve been reading it over and over and there is no clear statement of who and what is eligible ? Anyone have any clarification how this will effect inmates on jan 2018

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=36192.msg267447#msg267447

There is clarity if you go back and read some of my prior posts here like the above
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk