• December 10, 2018, 07:12:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Phone Call attempted but phone didn't ring  (Read 2872 times)

Offline Skacz88

Phone Call attempted but phone didn't ring
« on: February 25, 2017, 05:55:55 PM »
Today was the first time my fiancé could call and I checked securus to see if he called because his mom missed a call from him. Sure enough it said a call was a attempted but my cell never rang. Everything is active and I have $25 on my account. What else should I do? I'm so upset I didn't get the call he's been in since 2/6/17 and was just transferred yesterday to Shawnee....5 hours away from me :(

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
Re: Phone Call attempted but phone didn't ring
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 05:57:25 AM »
Today was the first time my fiancé could call and I checked securus to see if he called because his mom missed a call from him. Sure enough it said a call was a attempted but my cell never rang. Everything is active and I have $25 on my account. What else should I do? I'm so upset I didn't get the call he's been in since 2/6/17 and was just transferred yesterday to Shawnee....5 hours away from me :(

This happened to me once. It ended up being from his end. He didn't have the correct PIN number issued. Write him a letter and let him know to double check things on his end.

Offline nhealey

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 10:19:45 AM »
Is it a landline or a cell phone? This happens to me on occasion. Mine is a landline. When it happens to me on my home phone I need to reset my modem. After resetting the modem everything goes fine. If it's a landline and your home phone is connected to your internet try resetting the modem and that should help.

Offline Skacz88

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 02:09:01 PM »
This is a cellphone. It just happened again i checked my account and have another attempted call but my phone never rang.

Offline Skacz88

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 02:20:42 PM »
I finally got ahold of securus and they said that my phone number isn't approved my the facility. He just got to that facility Friday so could it still take time? Do they give him a pin to call even though his list hasn't been approved?

Offline Gizgirl2

• Support Staff
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 02:46:44 PM »
Yes they give them a PIN number before their list get approved. I know it's hard but hang in there they will get the number approved and he will call.

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 05:34:14 PM »
From my experience you will receive an initial call asking you if you would accept charges.  If you do than the call hangs up and then you are in the system.  The LO than can call you.  It takes time to get the call lists approved.  For my son the call list is submitted at the beginning of the month and than takes a week or two to get approved. 

Offline Skacz88

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 02:32:48 PM »
His mom got a call from him today but I am still not. He said he doesn't know what is happening he put my number down. I'll just wait patiently my cell provider said nothing is blocked securus says that shawnee has authorized me. Securus website said he attempted again but no rings

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 03:12:09 PM »
Its hard to wait isn't it?  I know when we got our initial call from our son after being in RC for about 30 days it was a great relief.  Hang in there.

Offline Skacz88

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 10:21:02 PM »
It is hard, but I am a patient person which is good. Also do they not approve all the numbers at the same time. Because he told his mom he has been trying to get ahold of us for three days and finally got through to her, but not me? So for all the questions. This is just a crappy slow process that I am slowly learning. He has only been in since 2/6/17 and was transferred from nrc on Friday to parent prison. Just want hear his voice. Thank you for all your replies.

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 06:30:33 AM »
ID always thought that yes, numbers were all approved at the same time. I'm sure there's no reason why they wouldn't have approved your number, so be needs to put in a request to ask about your number. Nothing happens quickly in IDOC. I know this is tough! Glad your naturally a patient person, that'll come in handy while he's in there.

Offline hiswife420

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 12:09:03 PM »
My husband was transferred from Cook County to Stateville  NRC 11/17/2017 on 12/01/2017 I was notified that I was cleared to visit him as he was transferred to his perm location. He attempts to call me at least 2x a day according to Securus but I still am not an approved number. He has his pin but can't get the call to go through. Is this normal? 

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2017, 05:36:56 AM »
My husband was transferred from Cook County to Stateville  NRC 11/17/2017 on 12/01/2017 I was notified that I was cleared to visit him as he was transferred to his perm location. He attempts to call me at least 2x a day according to Securus but I still am not an approved number. He has his pin but can't get the call to go through. Is this normal? 
        Have you talked with anyone from Securus? It also would be a good idea for him to ask someone there on his end, his counselor.

Offline hiswife420

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 09:53:05 AM »
Hello,
Yes, I talked with Securus and all they could tell me was that he didn't have any numbers on his PAN list. He also spoke with his counselor and was told it could take a month for his PAN list to be approved. It's all just a waiting game. Thank you for your advice:)