• November 13, 2018, 10:30:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Warrant keep lo from getting into bootcamp?  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Marpull78

Warrant keep lo from getting into bootcamp?
« on: February 04, 2017, 12:17:35 PM »
Hi, I am new to the boards and am so happy this even exists.
My boyfriend was sentenced to 3 yrs 2 days ago out of cook with a recommendation for bootcamp. He is now in Statesville r&c and it has been awful not having any contact. We were relieved that he got the recommendation for bootcamp, but now am worried about this warrant that was issued a few months ago while he was incarcerated in cook county. His warrant was for not reporting to his probation officer, he did not report because he was In custody in cook.

Now I have a whole new set of worries, will be know to writ himself in and is that possible In R&C?  I can't even talk to him. Pd office said I should get an attorney for him to quash his warrant.  We have a newborn baby and I cannot afford attprney, so frustrated and heartbroken. He has already been gone 5 mths and hate to think this could affect him getting into bootcamp.

What can I possibly do?

Offline Marpull78

Re: Warrant keep lo from getting into bootcamp?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 12:25:12 PM »
He was on probation in will county, when he was arrested in cook county. It is a mess. I thought they would have handled everything together at sentencing for the new arrest.

Feeling very lost, I appreciate any advice. It is a very lonely process.

Offline Kdm

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 01:36:29 AM »
You should consult with an attorney on this.  A warrant *can* keep him from getting into bootcamp.  As with many things, I witnessed just as many warrants go unnoticed as I did warrants that caused an issue.  On the bright side, should he make it downstate and the warrant then be acknowledged, they'll just pull him out of BC for transport to resolve the matter.

Offline Marpull78

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 09:44:50 PM »
Thank you so very much Kdm, really hoping that it will not affect him getting into bootcamp. Good to know they may resolve it while he is there. Cannot wait till this is over.         
 :wc38:   :wc54: