• March 18, 2019, 07:20:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Visiting for the first time  (Read 1262 times)

Offline nhealey

Visiting for the first time
« on: February 03, 2017, 08:45:30 PM »
I'm going to visit my boyfriend for the first time at Stateville in just a couple of weeks. Can anyone tell me if we are allowed to hold hands? What about a hug and a kiss? Can we kiss on the lips? I've been given conflicting information about that so I wanted to clarify. Also for my first visit I'm travelling from Nevada and I may need 2 lockers. Am I allowed 2 lockers or only limited to 1? I'm so nervous and filled with anxiety I want to make sure that everything goes right. There are questions I have that can't be answered on their website.

Offline verysweet34

Re: Visiting for the first time
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 04:38:16 AM »
The first time is always the scariest. Most of the prisons have the same general rules but u might want to call the prison, ask to talk to someone that works in visiting and they'll tell u the rules and answer all your questions. I've visited my L/O in 3 different prisons and it's always been the same. Kiss and hug at the beginning and end of the visit only. They allowed us to hold hands the whole entire time but like I said that might not be acceptable in all the prisons. Good luck with your visit

Offline Kamama

Re: Visiting for the first time
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 09:55:06 AM »
At Stateville you are not allowed to hold hands. Only a brief hello kiss and hug is allowed at the beginning of the visit and at the end. Per locker you have to pay a quarter $. Be careful what you have in your purse/luggage, at least not any sharp as scissor, knife and such! Are you getting to request for extended visits?
Distance cannot and will not hurt a bond between two people that is based on mutual respect, trust, commitment and love. Love & relationships are always worth preserving, regardless of the miles that may separate two people.