• March 18, 2019, 07:22:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: father vistiting daughter in decatur il  (Read 774 times)

Offline venardos33

father vistiting daughter in decatur il
« on: January 27, 2017, 03:11:22 PM »
I am writing for my father in law. he is 70 years old and has lets say has an extensive record one of which required him to do time in federal prison for 13 years (drug conviction) my question is would he be banned from visiting a Min security prison such as Decatur, like could he be black listed and if he is how would we go about finding out. I was able to retain  a approval letter for myself since I'm on probation, no issues at all. I just don't know how we could get him in. Now he is sick, diabetes, malfunction heart. any advice would be much appreciated
thanks so much
L

Offline Gwheft

Re: father vistiting daughter in decatur il
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 03:18:37 PM »
Would need to write the warden asking permission.