• February 20, 2019, 10:28:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Questions about credit???  (Read 1123 times)

Offline ERwife

Questions about credit???
« on: January 25, 2017, 10:59:05 PM »
I read that the Director of the Department of Corrections can give up to 180 days’ credit for "meritorious service to inmates except for those serving a sentence for certain enumerated offenses" and inmates that cant get the 180 days are eligible for up to 90 days’ credit.
My questions:
-What is considered meritorious service?
-What are enumerated offenses?
-Does this mean if you are not eligible for 180 days then you can still be eligible for the 90 days?
I would appreciate any help I can get to understand all of this. Thanks

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Questions about credit???
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 07:01:45 AM »
I read that the Director of the Department of Corrections can give up to 180 days’ credit for "meritorious service to inmates except for those serving a sentence for certain enumerated offenses" and inmates that cant get the 180 days are eligible for up to 90 days’ credit.
My questions:
-What is considered meritorious service?
-What are enumerated offenses?
-Does this mean if you are not eligible for 180 days then you can still be eligible for the 90 days?
I would appreciate any help I can get to understand all of this. Thanks

The new credit is called Supplemental Sentence Credit/SSC .. just put that in the search box on the front page and you will bring up all the topics that relate to that.

Only certain inmates are eligible for that (according to the LAW) and they will be given paperwork IF eligible at some point in their stay in IDOC if they received it, usually closer to their out date.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”