• March 18, 2019, 07:23:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Extended vist  (Read 725 times)

Offline nhealey

Extended vist
« on: January 24, 2017, 07:33:01 PM »
I am trying to plan a visit to my LO in Stateville mid February. I live in Nevada. It's my understanding that when you travel a great distance such as this you are granted an extended visit. However; that extended visit needs to be pre-approved. Who do I need to get that approval from? I'm assuming it should be in writing. Can anyone give me insight as to how I go about getting that approval?

Offline Lu

Re: Extended vist
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 08:05:28 PM »
We are in North Carolina.  When we have visited our son in Illinois, we have tried to go visit during the week when it is less crowded.  The more room they have available in the visiting room will help in extending your time.   Some facilities have given us a verbal extension of time but I would suggest writing a letter to the warden prior to your visit.  This will ensure that they have time to do all the checks and as a courtesy.   I found that the more you work with the facility, the more they are likely to give you permission.   Also you get so many days a month to visit.  Ask if you can combine those in one week vs. what you are allotted in a regular week.  You might be able to get 3 days in a week.  Worth asking.   Hope you have a wonderful visit with your loved one!