• February 20, 2019, 10:25:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: This projected parole date cant be right????  (Read 1581 times)

Offline ERwife

This projected parole date cant be right????
« on: January 07, 2017, 09:59:47 PM »
Its been a long time for my family because my LO has been incarcerated for almost 20 years.  I usually dont look at the IDOC website for information.  But since we are getting close, I decided to look at it for his projected parole date and it seems like its off by about 9 months.  Please help me understand. 

Custody Date 10/20/1997
Admission Date 12/15/1998
Projected Parole Date 12/20/2020

He got 45 years (22.5).........Shouldnt his projected parole date be 3/20/2020????? Why the 9 month difference?  Also, is it likely that he would get any kind of good time?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: This projected parole date cant be right????
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 09:22:37 AM »
It could be he got into some trouble at some point over the years and they added sometime.  He's going to ask specifics.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline ERwife

Re: This projected parole date cant be right????
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 09:53:37 AM »
Thanks, I will have to ask.  If that is the case, can he ever get that time back?