• November 13, 2018, 10:28:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Classificiation  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Ram

Classificiation
« on: December 20, 2016, 09:40:41 PM »
On December 8, 2016, my son was sentence to 3-years with recommendation for Boot Camp. His mittimus papers doesn't say anything about the recommendation and after being classified, at Statesville NRC, he was denied access to Boot Camp. This has happened to many, several, defendants/inmates. Is this cause for alarm or is there a certain criteria/requirement for access to Boot Camp? If my son's judge recommended the Boot Camp for my son, as with the many other defendants, what is the reason for this denial in classification? Can anyone hear me?

Minister Moore--
 :wc54:

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
Re: Classificiation
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 05:05:56 AM »
The judge can recommend it, but IDOC has the final say. There are several requirements they have to pass before being allowed to go into boot camp, both physically and mentally. We have a member who has been through bootcamp and hopefully will see this thread. Sorry your son wasn't accepted, but better to know this now, than to have gotten in, only to be sent back. Hang in there.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 09:29:52 AM »
You also might want to read through this post and see if anything there may be related to your son:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=8367.0

Zachsmom is correct, even though the judge suggests bootcamp for any inmate, the IDOC always has the final say so and can deny too.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Kdm

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 10:42:14 AM »
Ram,

There are a variety of reasons in which someone can be denied Bootcamp.  What was the charge your son was sentenced with?  Does he have any background?  They also consider things such as medications taken (past and present), physical issues that may cause a problem.  Unfortunately despite all these restrictions, I witnessed many people make it through despite them, so at times it can be a dice roll. 

Was your son put into the Bootcamper area within NRC?  My experience (and what I've heard since) would indicate that if he was sentenced December 8th, to have already been shipped out elsewhere would be quite quick.  For instance I was sentenced 12/10 and on 01/05 made it to a the actual bootcamp - this was considered quicker than average at the time.