• January 21, 2019, 06:25:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: What magazine's can i send  (Read 1171 times)

Offline debra2010

What magazine's can i send
« on: December 09, 2016, 09:28:40 PM »
I've heard I can't send playboy anymore I thought it just couldn't have penetration or drugs

Online zachsmom

• Support Staff
Re: What magazine's can i send
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 05:43:03 AM »
I've heard I can't send playboy anymore I thought it just couldn't have penetration or drugs
When in doubt, always call the mail room and just ask. Several prisons no longer allow playboy.

Offline mamabone2830

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 10:00:38 AM »
Hi I'm new here. My LO was in Stateville R&C for about a week I had sent him a letter the day he was transferred to Stateville and then another letter about a week before he was transferred to Illinois River facility. Anyone know how long it takes in Illinois river and if the letters I sent to Statesville will be forwarded to him?

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 10:34:07 AM »
mamabone

Every facility is different regarding the processing of mail.  It is usually slower during the holidays due to CO's being on vacation.  Our son is in Taylorville and it takes up to 2 weeks from the time we mail items to him receiving them.  Yes the mail will be forwarded' but again don't expect it to be fast.

Happy New Year

Offline Meami

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 10:15:41 PM »
Mamabone- my LO was at Stateville R&C and then transferred to Dixon the day I mailed him something. It took about a month for him to get it and he still has not received 2 books I sent there. It will for sure be slower due to holidays.