• November 13, 2018, 10:31:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Im thinking of boot camp! Im going to boot camp  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Eddymarmar

Im thinking of boot camp! Im going to boot camp
« on: November 27, 2016, 10:17:02 AM »
Im coming from kane county I want to know what prison will I start off at and how bad is the process or how unsafe it is. Is graham going to put me with the population or Im i going to be separated with the other boot campers?

I fear that I go to the stateaville and while waiting for my BC day
Im in a high security level instead low level security and I don't want to be in a room of 40 I just want a singleeoom till I get to a BC I need the info ASAP how long would it take to be accepted and if Im 6'5 and weight 300 pounds will they accept me i don't have any other health issue...
And I want to place for a u visa

Ijuat don't want to go jail with anyone or anyone with a bad record. I don't belong in jail i would rather do boot camp for my benifit!

I need to know how the whole process and guessing where Im going and what place i be held while waiting for a bed to open up . if it better for to do a whole year ska half a year or just go to bootcamp i feel as if boot camp will make me a better person... Can. A obese person do it that did mma for a while will the drill instructor understand how fat I am or will drop me?

I don't want to stay at atateville with a high level convict just to wait for a bootcamp and he wants to get me in trouble and ruin it for me.

I would prefer to be isolated and then put with people once Im in BC

Im hoping I don get put in pods of regret.

If I don get accept will I get put in a low level or will I be held at the medium or high level prisons.

I

Offline Eddymarmar

Re: Im thinking of boot camp! Im going to boot camp
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 12:22:22 PM »
At the end of the day in a good guy who made bad choices will it be alright

Offline Kdm

Re: Im thinking of boot camp! Im going to boot camp
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 08:39:02 PM »
Try and calm down, read through the rest of the posts in the message board.  If you read everything that's been posted in the prior year, it should only take a couple hours maximum and will give you some of the most up to date information.

First off, you'll be going to Stateville - this is NRC (northern receiving center).  Once you've made it through receiving, you'll make it to a segregated area for boot campers.  Worst case, you'll be behind the door in a 2 person cell while waiting for a bunk to open in the area for bootcampers.  There are no guarantees that you'll go to bootcamp - the judge provides a recommendation.  Just like it sounds, it's only a recommendation, not a sure thing.  If you're not accepted, where you're transferred to will depend on your classification, it's unlikely you're be in anything other than a min/med but that depends on other factors, including your conduct.  In regards to staying out of trouble, that's up to you.  If you genuinely want to stay out of trouble, it will be easy to avoid it prior to making it into bootcamp and while at bootcamp.

If you're expecting to go to boot camp and you're concerned about your physical ability and/or weight... start working on it now.  Push ups, pull ups, jogging, etc.  The officers will be hard on you, however no harder than any one else.  It's entirely about the effort you're willing to put into it. 

Good luck.