• December 10, 2018, 07:04:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: No recording to accept call  (Read 1813 times)

Offline nhealey

No recording to accept call
« on: November 08, 2016, 02:04:14 PM »
For the last several months I've been able to receive calls from my LO at Stateville. Just last night something strange started happening. When I answer the phone there's no recording that comes on in order to accept the call. It's just dead air. I am however able to get the calls on my cellphone. My Securus account has plenty of money and when I spoke with them they had no answers for me. I called my phone company and they said if the facility change phone providers it might not be compatible with my service anymore. I tried calling the facility to see if this might be what happened but I was unable to get anyone on the phone and had to leave a voicemail. But from my experience they are not good at all when it comes to returning calls. Has anyone else had this happen to them before? Does anyone have any suggestions? My cellphone constantly drops our calls which is why I got the house phone in the first place. Anyone have any ideas to help me get this squared away?

Offline tkesde1

Re: No recording to accept call
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 03:55:02 PM »
Is it a landline phone or a phone that works over the internet (through your cable service usually)?
He's home!

Offline nhealey

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 04:19:29 PM »
It is a landline phone that works though my internet service.

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 10:44:23 AM »
Have you reset your router? That might help, I used to install Voice over IP phones and resetting the router (or switch in a larger setup) helped so many issues.
He's home!

Offline nhealey

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 02:17:56 PM »
I don't have a router but I just reset the modem. Hopefully that will take care of the problem. Thanks so much for the help!

Offline nhealey

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 09:01:16 PM »
Resetting the modem worked. Thank you so SO much for the input! Much love!  chickdance

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.