• October 15, 2018, 04:03:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Google Voice  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Midwesterngal

• One day closer....
Google Voice
« on: October 17, 2016, 02:14:53 AM »
Does anyone use Google Voice? My guy is transferring from Adams county to Hillsborough within the next week or so hopefully. I already have an account with Securus from when he was locked up in Missouri. Are calls cheaper if you get a local number near the prison or are out of state calls cheaper? In Missouri I paid a lower rate being out of state but not sure how it works in Illinois.

Offline bquinonez

• Its me "B"
Re: Google Voice
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 06:41:36 PM »
I believe if it's cheaper out of state vs local number. My mother in law lives in Indiana and calls are cheaper for her than they are for me living in Chicago.
Two Hearts One Love

Offline ChironBlues

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 02:30:57 AM »
Yes calls are cheaper out of state.

Offline bquinonez

• Its me "B"
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 08:35:15 PM »
FYI
For anyone looking to set up google voice to receive inmate calls. It does not work. I opened up an account with google voice, my husband called me on my google voice # (which is an Indiana #) and damn it....it didn't work. I was charged more than my 630 cell # I have.
Only reason I tried this is because of few dudes locked up with him said their girlfriends/wives had google voice and where being charged less.
Two Hearts One Love

Offline AandMR

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 10:07:45 PM »
A new law passed that will make calls $2.10 per half hour by Jan. 2018 so the prices will be lowering around here anyways.
Loverlover