• November 13, 2018, 10:30:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Color of clothing?  (Read 4008 times)

Offline calypso

Color of clothing?
« on: September 29, 2016, 10:22:36 AM »
My SS now has a shaved head and is in yellow. Location says DuQuoin but he's still at P'ville. I assume he is going to go to bootcamp soon? Why the clothing change?

Also, now his projected parole date is in end Jan. 2017 (assuming this is when he successfully finishes bootcamp in the 120 day period) and his projected release date is not until 2020 (assume this is how long he might be on parole?)  Am I correct?

I have read through many posts but it's confusing, so sorry if I am asking questions that have been answered elsewhere.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Color of clothing?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 11:21:47 AM »
Yellow is the transportation color when they are being moved.  He will soon be in all white, once he gets into bootcamp.

If he completes in the 120 days, they have up to 180, once he is to be released/or released his dates will change, if he doesn't complete the camp for some reason, the dates up there now will hold.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline calypso

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 12:56:11 PM »
Thanks that's what I wondered.

I get a bit confused about the interchange in terminology. You talk about "once he is to be released" but is what you mean actually "once he is finished with bootcamp" correct? Because to me, release means when he is completely done with IDOC (i.e. bootcamp, parole, everything  and he is free to go).

Here is what I understand:
If he finishes bootcamp in 120 days -- he will be paroled end January 2017 (later if he takes up to 180 days); his projected release date is TBD (will depend on what he is given, one or two years, or whatever PRB decides)

If he doesn't finish bootcamp within 180 days - he will finish out his prison sentence and be released in 2020 (which is the current date of projected release).

Offline Ahopefulheart

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 01:28:43 PM »
How long did you loved one sit before you notice his clothing change I so apologize for prying im just so lost and his letters have stopped coming all I have are letters and im feel alone at the moment.
                  Ahopefulheart

Offline calypso

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 05:09:49 PM »
He's been in there since end July (i.e. in R&C).

I hope you hear soon!

Offline Ahopefulheart

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 05:24:29 PM »
Thank you so much, im so glad you loved one is moving.
Remember to feed encouragement by the shovel full. I will keep you guys in my prayers.
                             Sincerely,
                                   Ahopefulheart       

Offline calypso

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 05:04:10 PM »
He's still in yellow. in the photo.... does that mean he has still not made it to bootcamp but is due to get there soon?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 07:47:21 AM »
He's still in yellow. in the photo.... does that mean he has still not made it to bootcamp but is due to get there soon?

He could be there or at the parent prison of the bootcamp and just hasn't had a new photo taken yet.  Keep checking the IDOC website for changes.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline calypso

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 06:01:21 PM »
Okay, thanks. He may still be at P'Ville, I guess. I just saw that his clothing changed and assumed he would be into bootcamp right after. I s'pose it is possible he is still in P'ville. I just wondered because he got to P'ville on Sept. 29 and that's when the yellow photo showed up. So it's possible he is still there? How long does it typically take between them going to the parent prison and then going to the boot camp? That is, when do the 120 days begin?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 06:01:00 AM »

The 120 days starts when he gets into bootcamp.. but they have to 180 days to finish the program.  When a bed opens up at bootcamp he will be moved.  Keep checking the IDOC website.

Offline Kdm

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 03:16:32 PM »
Okay, thanks. He may still be at P'Ville, I guess. I just saw that his clothing changed and assumed he would be into bootcamp right after. I s'pose it is possible he is still in P'ville. I just wondered because he got to P'ville on Sept. 29 and that's when the yellow photo showed up. So it's possible he is still there? How long does it typically take between them going to the parent prison and then going to the boot camp? That is, when do the 120 days begin?

In my experience there was only a stop-over in a couple institutions as we dropped people off at their prison, starting at NRC and going down to Dixon Springs.  If there was a photo taken at Pickneyville, it's my understanding that he will stay there and not be going to bootcamp.  It was a single day for transit (4am to about 10pm) from receiving to bootcamp, in my experience.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 03:34:39 PM »

Call Springfield and ask if he has been accepted into the program, or have you already?

#217-558-2200  Ask for Bob the Boot Camp Coordinator.

Offline calypso

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 05:17:06 PM »
Hmmm. Haven't heard a thing.... This was what it said and that's why I thought he was going to bootcamp.

Parent Institution:    PINCKNEYVILLE CORRECTIONAL CENTER
Offender Status:    IN CUSTODY

Last thing was he had told his mom and sister in a letter that he was going to bootcamp that Friday... that was the day this yellow clothing photo was posted and the info above was posted. he went to P'ville. No one else has heard from him either, I think. Will try the number again. Thanks!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2016, 07:08:07 AM »
Hmmm. Haven't heard a thing.... This was what it said and that's why I thought he was going to bootcamp.

Parent Institution:    PINCKNEYVILLE CORRECTIONAL CENTER
Offender Status:    IN CUSTODY

Last thing was he had told his mom and sister in a letter that he was going to bootcamp that Friday... that was the day this yellow clothing photo was posted and the info above was posted. he went to P'ville. No one else has heard from him either, I think. Will try the number again. Thanks!

DuQuoin Impact Incarceration IS bootcamp.. His profile will change at some point, the picture, keep checking.

Offline calypso

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2016, 02:54:10 PM »
Yes, I know DuQuoin is bootcamp. But it seemed like he went to P'ville first and there was no other photo so was confused. Good if he's in there. Thanks!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 07:03:09 AM »
Yes, I know DuQuoin is bootcamp. But it seemed like he went to P'ville first and there was no other photo so was confused. Good if he's in there. Thanks!

P'ville is the parent prison to the bootcamp, so that is why it says Parent Institution and then location Boot Camp.  Hopefully his photo is updated at some point and eventually hear from him, he won't be able to contact or write until he is through the first 30-60 days, but you can continue to write to him, just be careful what you put in those letters.