• November 13, 2018, 10:29:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: House Arrest After Bootcamp  (Read 1629 times)

Offline Lbrand89

House Arrest After Bootcamp
« on: September 12, 2016, 11:46:30 PM »
My boyfriend will be done w Bootcamp at the end of December. However, his mom will not allow him to move back home afterwards, so he does not have a place to live. I was just wondering if anyone had any information on what the IDOC will do. A parole officer was at his mother's house this past weekend, and she told him that he cannot come there. I am guessing the parole officer said he could go to a halfway house. Does anyone know if this is what will happen? I just want to make sure they r not just going to pull him out of Bootcamp and make him complete his entire sentence. Does anyone know if they will set him up w a place to stay? TIA!

Offline Kdm

Re: House Arrest After Bootcamp
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 04:38:50 AM »
If he has no approved housing they will arrange a halfway house for him and provide a bus ticket for him to go there upon graduation.

Offline Lbrand89

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 09:59:35 PM »
Ok, thank u.
Do u know if they will set him up w a halfway house close to home, or do they just pick anywhere in Illinois? Also, I will be picking him up from Bootcamp. Will he be like times on how long it takes him to get back to the halfway house? We live about five hours from Dixon Springs, and I was just wondering if he has to go straight to the halfway house, or if we can like spend a night together.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 07:34:31 AM »
Ok, thank u.
Do u know if they will set him up w a halfway house close to home, or do they just pick anywhere in Illinois? Also, I will be picking him up from Bootcamp. Will he be like times on how long it takes him to get back to the halfway house? We live about five hours from Dixon Springs, and I was just wondering if he has to go straight to the halfway house, or if we can like spend a night together.

He will have to go straight to the halfway house or where ever he paroles to, he won't be able to spend the night anywhere else or he could be violated and sent right back.

It all depends on where IDOC finds a spot open for him, hopefully it's closer to where he lived before he went in.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Kdm

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 04:34:31 PM »
Ok, thank u.

Forevermah is correct.  He'll need to go directly to his parole site and will need to wait there until he's visited by his parole officer (see other threads on this site for other questions regarding parole, it's no different from boot camp).