• November 13, 2018, 10:28:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: General questions  (Read 4640 times)

Offline Ahopefulheart

General questions
« on: September 12, 2016, 07:01:14 PM »
Hello,
I am new to this so please be patient with me.
My boyfriend was sentenced Tue sep 6, 2016.
He was recommended for boot camp. He sat only 2 days in our county jail before he was shipped to graham correctional facility.I have done much research on this program and it's necessary criteria. I was hoping to talk with someone who has been through this process so I can understand roughly the length of time it takes from start to finish. I do greatly appreciate any and all input.
    Thank you,
  Ahopefulheart

Offline Ahopefulheart

Re: General questions
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 01:11:17 PM »
I got my first letter today :-)
 he was approved for boot camp.
 I'm happy and relieved to hear from him.
 Does anyone know roughly how many days or months it will be before he is shipped off. I am on here alot hoping to find a post or message that may have some helpful information.
        Thank you in advance
           Ahopefulheart

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 03:58:50 PM »
You got a letter pretty fast! Congratulations! I don't have any personal information regarding bootcamp, but just want to wish you luck on your journey!
He's home!

Offline Kdm

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 04:36:04 PM »
 Does anyone know roughly how many days or months it will be before he is shipped off. I am on here alot hoping to find a post or message that may have some helpful information.
        Thank you in advance
           Ahopefulheart

Unfortunately if he's writing you from receiving, he's only been recommended for bootcamp.  He will not know that he's been approved until just before they ship him out.  See other threads on the message board regarding timing specifics.  He may sit a week, he may sit a month, there's no set time before being moved.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 08:09:42 PM »
        Thank you in advance
           Ahopefulheart

It could be a couple weeks or a month, just as soon as a bed opens up, he will then be moved.. him being approved is a good sign, he maybe moved sooner.  Just keep an eye on the IDOC website each evening, that is when they update.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Ahopefulheart

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 09:54:34 PM »
Thank you very much for all of your input. I know I will continue to pray for god to see favor in this situation, for his will in all area's. And for peace and understanding during this time. Thank you

Offline Ahopefulheart

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 11:12:04 AM »
Out of curiosity..
How many days or month's was it before you noticed your loved ones picture changes on idoc?
            Thank you
                 Ahopefulheart

Offline Ahopefulheart

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 06:57:15 PM »
Would someone be so kind as to point me in the direction of all rules and regulations for the bootcamp. Im kinda lost as to how mail works as well as calls, when it's time will he be able to call me and write me beings I am his gf I am reading how strict they are which is understandable. I am aware I will not be able to see him. Will I be able to talk to him, and pictures am I allowed to send pictures of his family if I am in them or  am I going to have to crop myself out? Also can I make a collage of us all to send.
    Thank you in advance,
               Ahopefuheart

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 09:27:23 PM »
Go to the homepage and find IDOC bootcamp. They should tell you many things you'll need to know while he's there.

Offline Ahopefulheart

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 01:24:11 PM »
I just read a post that said there loved one is shaved and in yellow this was the 29th. At the moment im feeling a sinking feeling in my chest. Im so lost I dont understand I have been recieving letters and now they have stopped im trying not to be an emotional wreck but i cant help it. Please anyone tell me something  anything. He had two teeth pulled he has no active warrents or cases. I have kept up with all posts read and reread them and I am really lost please help. :wc17:
                       .    .    .                A hopefulheart

Offline Ahopefulheart

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 08:06:35 PM »
I just recieced a message through vine stating my loved one has been transferred to East Moline. :-)  does anyone know if this  facility is a parent facility before bootcamp?

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 08:41:33 PM »
I just recieced a message through vine stating my loved one has been transferred to East Moline. :-)  does anyone know if this  facility is a parent facility before bootcamp?
   When I looked it up, it said it was the parent facility of east moline work camp but not sure about boot camp.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 08:21:39 AM »

No bootcamp there, was he suppose to go to BC? Court appointed? 
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Ahopefulheart

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 12:56:31 PM »
Yes ma'am he was I'm not sure what happened I read all guidelines and rules he has nothing that would hinder him from not going im so lost right now :'(

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 09:17:06 AM »
Yes ma'am he was I'm not sure what happened I read all guidelines and rules he has nothing that would hinder him from not going im so lost right now :'(

Could be the BC's are full and he is just waiting at EM.  You will have to wait and see, you could always call Springfield and ask the boot camp coordinator.

Offline Ahopefulheart

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 02:55:25 PM »
Forevermah I am praying this is so. I have been an emotional wreck because of this, I couldnt wrap my mind around why idoc would gear him up for bootcamp and then ship him so far away.
 I constantly pray God would give me strength for whatever is his will for our lives, thank you so very much God bless you.

Offline Ahopefulheart

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2016, 07:17:29 PM »
Well Springfield denied him because of his record. But lead him to believe he was going clear up to signing paperwork for bootcamp. Im lost and hurt. Not sure what to think at this moment.

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2016, 04:43:10 AM »
Well Springfield denied him because of his record. But lead him to believe he was going clear up to signing paperwork for bootcamp. Im lost and hurt. Not sure what to think at this moment.
  I'm so sorry. It could be they too thought he was going until they realized his record would stop him. Hang in there.

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2016, 09:37:36 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear this. The ups and downs are the hardest. Prepare for the worst case scenario and hope for the best is the best piece of advice I have for you. Whatever you are given to deal with, you will get through it. This is not an easy road and things change based on whatever the person in charge decides and as family, you don't really get a chance to appeal any decisions made since they are for the most part, DOC property.

Try to face the time one visit at a time, one holiday at a time count down to those things instead of release day. It's easier than looking at it as a huge lump of time. Send him books, magazines & letters to help him get through. I used to write letters all through the day. As I thought of things during the day that I would have called or texted him about, I would write it down in the letter. It helped me get through. Usually, by the time he got the letters, I had already told him some of the things, but he still enjoyed reading the letters. I would also send song lyrics or poems that made me think of him.
He's home!