• December 10, 2018, 06:41:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: E mails to inmates  (Read 3278 times)

Offline meangene

E mails to inmates
« on: September 08, 2016, 11:59:39 AM »
I may be on the wrong topic page, but can anyone tell me if I can send an e mail to my son in Graham and how it is done?

Offline keyvee78

Re: E mails to inmates
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 12:10:37 PM »
Hi if your son has an MP3 player you can communicate with him through a messaging system. You will be able to send him a message and he can reply through this method. Credits from messages can be brought through Connect Network at $4 for 20 messages. Hope this helps.

Offline ChironBlues

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 02:40:34 PM »
Hi Keyvee, I remember you saying you were able to send your LO at Shawnee credits. I'm not seeing this option on my end :-(
He is able to message me back I just can't see how to send him credits

Offline meangene

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 08:28:35 PM »
Hi if your son has an MP3 player you can communicate with him through a messaging system. You will be able to send him a message and he can reply through this method. Credits from messages can be brought through Connect Network at $4 for 20 messages. Hope this helps.

Thank you, neither of my sons have the MP3 players.   I will write to them and ask when they will be available for them to purchase.
Your information was very helpoful.

Offline Tex999

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 09:04:45 PM »
you see the option to send them credits when you are sending your message.

Offline ChironBlues

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 03:36:26 AM »
Thank you Tex!
I don't see it for some reason. Its actually saying my LO can't send messages but he has been sending them. Maybe that's why it's not providing the option to send the credits. Once this is resolved I'll come back & share with anyone how this is fixed! I have a feeling that the prison has to adjust something.

By the way, I do think they can read and respond to messages at the Kiosk if they've been "approved."
Approved is in quotes because I'm unsure of the process for these messages. It does look like it's possible that some inmates at the same facility as my LO can't even receive messages,

Offline Sizz

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 08:17:50 AM »
I may be on the wrong topic page, but can anyone tell me if I can send an e mail to my son in Graham and how it is done?

Graham doesn't have the mp3's so they are not able to do emails at this time. There is no known future plans to get them there so far. Lots of rumors they are going to Graham but that's been on for a year or so.

:wc71-1:

Offline ashleysiek

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2016, 04:08:53 PM »
Does dixon have mp3s?

Offline MissAndrea

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2016, 03:21:14 AM »

Graham doesn't have the mp3's so they are not able to do emails at this time. There is no known future plans to get them there so far. Lots of rumors they are going to Graham but that's been on for a year or so.

:wc71-1:

Graham will be getting them. My l/o is in Menard and that place is one of the last facilities to get anything. The players are supposed to begin selling next month. Menard installed a kiosk a couple of months ago (hasn't been turned on yet) for us visitors to be able to add money to our l/o's accounts.

Hopefully Graham and the other facilities will be getting them before the year is over.
~damnant quod non intellegunt~ They condemn what they do not understand.

Offline keyvee78

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 11:57:56 AM »
Hi Keyvee, I remember you saying you were able to send your LO at Shawnee credits. I'm not seeing this option on my end :-(
He is able to message me back I just can't see how to send him credits

Hi Chiron, Sorry it took me awhile to respond, but this is what you should see, and from here be able to transfer up to 15 credits at a time from your account.

Attach Message Credits
Would you like to attach Message Credits so the inmate may reply to you or compose new message? Select the number of Message Credits to attach to your message from the dropdown below.

Credit Totals
Credits For Message1
Credits Attached For reply0
Total Credits Used1
Review And Agree
Sending this message will cost 1 Message Credit(s). By clicking the Send button, you agree to use the Message Credits required to send this message and you agree that Message Credits will not be refunded if the message is rejected by the correctional facility.

I agree to Terms and Conditions
< Back
SEND

I just copied and paste that from the screen to give you an idea of what I'm talking about but I will try and attach a screenshot of the page you can send the credits from. I really hope this helps. I sent my husband about 70 last week. Such a another great way to communicate daily with your loved one.

Online Jodiewodie32

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 04:42:43 AM »
Hi my guy in pinckneyville has been told by a CO that they will not be getting mp3 players/jplayers ever and that they are phasing them out at other facilities as the pilot program didn't work out as planned? Has anyone else heard this or have any of your loved ones tablets been removed? Jpay's emails about it are really vague and they don't answer the question..
💋

Offline keyvee78

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 10:53:07 AM »
Jodie, I have not heard anything about them phasing out the MP3 players. So far everything seems to be going okay. I use the website connectnetwork for messaging.

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2016, 11:29:05 AM »
Does Lincoln have the MP3's yet?  Does anyone know?