• May 27, 2018, 10:35:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Phone calls allowed in NRC Stateville  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Lbrand89

Phone calls allowed in NRC Stateville
« on: August 16, 2016, 05:04:52 PM »
Does anyone know how many phone calls inmates are allowed per week in Receiving at Stateville? Are the inmates limited to a certain number of calls per week, or can they call whenever as long as they are not on lockdown and have money on Securus?

Offline keyvee78

Re: Phone calls allowed in NRC Stateville
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 06:59:09 PM »
From my experience when my loved one was in Receiving at Stateville, he was only allowed to call every Saturday. He was there from December until March of this year, so every week I basically had to stand by my phone to make sure I didn't miss the call. Hope this helps.

Offline coasterman

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 08:22:50 AM »
I'm in a bit of a quandary here. My LO has been in NRC at Stateville for about 3 weeks now and I've got no phone calls from him, with the assumption he has not been allowed to make any calls. Then out of the blue the other night he called. Of course I hadn't had any $ on my phone account with Securus yet so as I scrambled to get it set up, he kept calling; and eventually gave up (the set up process took forever). My question is, does he now have phone priveledges in NRC? The funny thing is that was 3 days ago around 7pm and I would think he would have tried again since. The website still says he's in NRC so he hasn't been moved somewhere else. Very frustrating.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 12:28:07 PM »
I'm in a bit of a quandary here. My LO has been in NRC at Stateville for about 3 weeks now and I've got no phone calls from him, with the assumption he has not been allowed to make any calls. Then out of the blue the other night he called. Of course I hadn't had any $ on my phone account with Securus yet so as I scrambled to get it set up, he kept calling; and eventually gave up (the set up process took forever). My question is, does he now have phone priveledges in NRC? The funny thing is that was 3 days ago around 7pm and I would think he would have tried again since. The website still says he's in NRC so he hasn't been moved somewhere else. Very frustrating.

Hopefully they give him another chance to call and you are ready this time to accept it.. It's not something that happens often from NRC.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline hiswife420

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 02:19:47 PM »
If he is still in the NRC they are allowed 1 10 minute phone call a week.  He may have been transferred to his parent facility by now. If you have not done so already you should do an inmate search on him see if there is any new information listed.