• May 27, 2018, 10:25:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Calling regarding Good time  (Read 2147 times)

Offline Jennifer000

Calling regarding Good time
« on: August 11, 2016, 08:21:50 PM »
My loved one is currently at Vandalia. He is wanting me to call Springfield everyday to question about good time. He has been told that it will help. Has anyone called and does it help? Any advice would be great! Thank you :)

Offline kasa

Re: Calling regarding Good time
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 09:14:20 PM »
I would like to know that also...

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 06:40:20 AM »
My loved one is currently at Vandalia. He is wanting me to call Springfield everyday to question about good time. He has been told that it will help. Has anyone called and does it help? Any advice would be great! Thank you :)

It won't do you any good, they say right on the IDOC website that they won't give family members any information.

If he is eligible, they will give him the paperwork he needs with the time he is going to get, 1-6 months.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Jennifer000

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 10:28:06 PM »
Okay. Thankyou yes he received the paper saying he was submitted and in 30 to 60 he will find out and if nothing by 60 days he didn't receive it.....just horrible waiting game..

Offline Donandkat

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 12:55:23 PM »
I new my husband keeps asking me to call Springfield. But I see with your posts that won't work. What is the paper work that he needs to fill out for the good time. Thank you for any help

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 08:16:17 AM »
I new my husband keeps asking me to call Springfield. But I see with your posts that won't work. What is the paper work that he needs to fill out for the good time. Thank you for any help

He doesn't need to fill anything out, if he is eligible, he will be giving paperwork showing how much time he will get. He just has to wait to see if that happens.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Donandkat

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 10:12:08 AM »
Thank you