• November 13, 2018, 10:49:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Awaiting transfer and Bootcamp  (Read 2698 times)

Offline Lbrand89

Awaiting transfer and Bootcamp
« on: July 09, 2016, 02:35:18 PM »
My boyfriend just had court on Thursday, and was recommended for Bootcamp by the judge. I was just seeing if anyone knows how long it will take him to get transferred. He is in Will County Jail right now, and he says he should be getting sent to Statesville soon. Does anyone know how long the wait for Bootcamp is? Do they only have certain times they take in new people? Thanks in advance!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Awaiting transfer and Bootcamp
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 07:52:05 AM »
My boyfriend just had court on Thursday, and was recommended for Bootcamp by the judge. I was just seeing if anyone knows how long it will take him to get transferred. He is in Will County Jail right now, and he says he should be getting sent
 to Statesville soon. Does anyone know how long the wait for Bootcamp is? Do they only have certain times they take in new people? Thanks in advance!

He first has to be approved by IDOC for the bootcamp, this will happen in R&C.. Once that happens and IDOC approves him to go, he will then have to wait for a bed to open up at one of the two bootcamps that are operating.  This could take up to a month or more, depending on how full the camps are.

His time for the 120-180 day program, starts when he gets to the camp.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Lbrand89

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 05:03:41 PM »
Ok, thanks for the info.
Do you know if he has a class 2 felony for aggravated battery against a police officer, if he will be eligible for Bootcamp? I've been getting a lot of mixed answers. And also, when I went to visit him today at Will County, they transferred him out of the working pod back to the general pod (wearing blue), does this mean he will be transferred to Stateville soon?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 07:54:41 AM »

When they are moved around IDOC they normally are in yellow, not sure how they move them from Will County.

Don't know if he will be eligible for bootcamp, it all depends on IDOC, they have the final say on all of it, even if the judge recommends it. 

Hope it all works out for him.

Have you read the criteria for Adult Boot Camp:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=8367.0
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Mrs wade

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 04:23:42 PM »
My l/o says that the c.o. he spoke with said that its not saying bootcamp in his file i called his lawyer he said it is in his file he also said that he is not in the dorms where they wait to be approved for bootcamp i want to know if you go to the dorms when you are approved or when they are looking to approve or deny you or do you stay in r&c waiting to be approved or denied please someone help me understand

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 07:41:08 AM »
My l/o says that the c.o. he spoke with said that its not saying bootcamp in his file i called his lawyer he said it is in his file he also said that he is not in the dorms where they wait to be approved for bootcamp i want to know if you go to the dorms when you are approved or when they are looking to approve or deny you or do you stay in r&c waiting to be approved or denied please someone help me understand

If it said bootcamp in his sentencing paperwork, then IDOC will consider him, they also have the final say so if he is going, but it takes time to be approved too and they wait in R&C or they move them to the parent prison of the bootcamp (once approved) to wait for bed space to open up at the camp.

I told you in the other post, to call Springfield or his counselor to see what is going on.  Please keep future replies in this topic, as it's too confusing going back and forth between topics. TY

Offline Mrs wade

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 09:28:50 AM »
Ok one more question i just found out that he got moved to mt sterling illinois western correctional facility does that mean he got approved

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2016, 06:28:37 AM »
Ok one more question i just found out that he got moved to mt sterling illinois western correctional facility does that mean he got approved

Was he ordered by the convicting judge for bootcamp? There is no bootcamp at Western, so maybe he isn't going.

Call on Tuesday when you can get ahold of a counselor or call Springfield and find out.