• November 13, 2018, 10:28:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Boot Camp Medical Screening  (Read 1738 times)

Offline Ubuntu3000

Boot Camp Medical Screening
« on: July 05, 2016, 01:17:39 PM »
Hello,

I've had surgeries in the past and am eligible for boot camp, however I've heard many stories of people failing their medical screenings for small physical defects (such as a cyst). I've looked for a detailed description of the boot camp medical screening and I haven't been able to find one. I was hoping somebody on here would be able to provide me with a description of the medical screening and what could give me a failing grade on it.

Thanks

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Boot Camp Medical Screening
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 05:27:57 PM »
We don't have a specific list of medical issues they can and do reject people for, but here is Title 20 Administrative Rule for Screening and Placement into Bootcamp.

http://ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/020/020004600000300R.html

People who are on mood altering medication are not always approved either.

Everything is determined when you go into R&C and IDOC always has the final say so on who is accepted.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 05:29:00 PM »

Here is the whole Title 20 Administrative Rule for the Impact Incarceration Program

http://ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/020/02000460sections.html
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Kdm

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 12:42:50 PM »
Hello,

I've had surgeries in the past and am eligible for boot camp, however I've heard many stories of people failing their medical screenings for small physical defects (such as a cyst). I've looked for a detailed description of the boot camp medical screening and I haven't been able to find one. I was hoping somebody on here would be able to provide me with a description of the medical screening and what could give me a failing grade on it.

Thanks

What was the surgery?  I witnessed people get through screening as long as there is no significant physical defect.  There is no formal request for medical records - you will have to provide whether you've had any surgeries or have been the victim of a shooting.  I witnessed people with obvious bullet wounds say "no," and pass screening.  Just be considerate of what your body can actually handle.  I witnessed someone who had knee surgery make it into BC and after several weeks, blew his knee out coming off the pull up bar.