• November 13, 2018, 10:30:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Transfer to east moline  (Read 1751 times)

Offline nancy84

Transfer to east moline
« on: July 02, 2016, 11:36:39 PM »
I have a question my husband was approved for bootcamp about 2 weeks ago but instead of sending him to bootcamp they sent him to East Moline correctional facility, I talked to his counselor and he said that it still shows read he's aproved but they didn't take him to bootcamp and they aren't telling him anything . I am very confused and concerned anyone have any similar situation or heard of anything like this ?

Offline Kdm

Re: Transfer to east moline
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 01:57:45 PM »
I have a question my husband was approved for bootcamp about 2 weeks ago but instead of sending him to bootcamp they sent him to East Moline correctional facility, I talked to his counselor and he said that it still shows read he's aproved but they didn't take him to bootcamp and they aren't telling him anything . I am very confused and concerned anyone have any similar situation or heard of anything like this ?

Unfortunately there isn't a precise answer on this one.  I personally observed people who received a transfer order for a state facility (they're distributed the night before transfers from the receiving center's bootcamp residence) and end up getting off the bus at boot camp, ultimately making it through the program.  Their paperwork isn't known to be the finest.

One consideration to make sure is are you sure that you heard "approved," and not "eligible," or "recommended?"  The choice of word used will be telling, when my family contacted the counselor while I was in NRC they were only ever told that I was recommended for it and set aside.

Offline nancy84

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 01:21:41 PM »

Unfortunately there isn't a precise answer on this one.  I personally observed people who received a transfer order for a state facility (they're distributed the night before transfers from the receiving center's bootcamp residence) and end up getting off the bus at boot camp, ultimately making it through the program.  Their paperwork isn't known to be the finest.

One consideration to make sure is are you sure that you heard "approved," and not "eligible," or "recommended?"  The choice of word used will be telling, when my family contacted the counselor while I was in NRC they were only ever told that I was recommended for it and set aside.

Thank you for the response . Yes he was approved his counselor told me that's what it showed and he wasn't told he was denied to appeal . It's just very nerve wrecking because they are so bad at answering questions .  :wc96:

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 01:40:58 PM »

I have seen guys moved to other prisons to wait  and then to the BC prison when a bed opens up, there are only two camps running right now and they may both be filled, be patient, he could still be moved. 
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Kdm

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 12:44:51 PM »

I have seen guys moved to other prisons to wait  and then to the BC prison when a bed opens up, there are only two camps running right now and they may both be filled, be patient, he could still be moved.

Ah, that would be rough.  The worst we encountered was that until beds opened up in the BC dormitory (NRC), some were confined to the receiving area's cells, I hadn't heard of anyone being sent to another institution.