• May 27, 2018, 10:31:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Good time for school vs. completing drug programs  (Read 1012 times)

Offline carmswife

• My husband is my life, best friend and soulmate
Good time for school vs. completing drug programs
« on: June 20, 2016, 05:53:39 PM »
I hope someone can help with this issue. My hubby was in Dixon 2011-2013. during he went to school and earned time off his sentence for taking and passing his college classes.  Unfortunately, he was just re-incarcerated on same offense (DWR). Now, he was  told by some that while he attends substance abuse treatment at Sheridan or the other one(?), he CAN get time off his sentence for completing certain drug programs. But heard from others he can't because he got time off for college courses last time(2013). Are college classes and drug rehab considered the same??? I hope someone can clarify this for me. Thanks
 :wc38:

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Good time for school vs. completing drug programs
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 11:05:04 AM »

He needs to talk it over with his counselor and see if they will give him credit for drug programs.. Normally once they have gotten goodtime for schooling on their first bid, they are not eligible to receive credit again if they go back in, although they can still take classes/programs.  Again, it's something that only his counselor is going to be able to clarify for him, good luck I hope it all works out.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”