• December 10, 2018, 07:16:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Blocked number?  (Read 1137 times)

Offline NikkiRobzz13

Blocked number?
« on: June 19, 2016, 11:46:33 PM »
My LO is at Vandalia and recently had his calling list approved. There were 3 people in  total, including me. He has talked to the other 2 and told them he's been calling me, but I haven't gotten any calls. I contacted Securus and they told me that some numbers take longer to approve, and mine is still in the process. I checked back a few days later and the customer service representative insisted that they only way to be approved at any IDOC facility is to send the inmate your phone bill. This is the first I've heard of this and I know for a fact his other two friends didn't send a phone bill. Any advice?? Has anyone else experienced this?

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
Re: Blocked number?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 04:57:36 AM »
I've never heard of anyone having to send a phone bill. When there's not enough funds on an account it will show being blocked, but then it becomes clear to receive calls once funds have been added. There was only one time when my l/o had the wrong PIN number. It would tell me he had attempted to call but it wouldn't go through. Once he got his PIN number correct, the calls went through without any problems.

Offline Tex999

Re: Blocked number?
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 11:10:40 AM »
I never had to send anything. Check your account online and make sure he has funds available.