• November 13, 2018, 10:29:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Eligibility/Time for Boot Camp  (Read 2441 times)

Offline kjonesj

Eligibility/Time for Boot Camp
« on: April 29, 2016, 05:42:33 PM »
Hello! I received a plea offer for doc boot camp and I don't know much about it. Anyone know typically how long it takes to actually get there? Also if a traffic warrant would stop me from going? Please help. Thanks!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Eligibility/Time for Boot Camp
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 10:00:49 AM »

You can read about the boot camps here:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?board=35.0

Lately wait times are shorter, maybe 30-50 days once you are transferred to IDOC to get into one.  Your time starts when you start bootcamp, that is the 120 (minimum days) for the program. 

You would go to an R&C center first, then be moved to whatever prison the BC you are assigned to go and wait there to get into the camp.

IDOC has the final say so on your admittance to the camp, you have to qualify first, even if a judge suggests it.

The warrant may stop you, try to get it cleaned up before you go into IDOC.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Kdm

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 10:05:03 PM »
Hello! I received a plea offer for doc boot camp and I don't know much about it. Anyone know typically how long it takes to actually get there? Also if a traffic warrant would stop me from going? Please help. Thanks!

You'll need to resolve all outstanding warrants.  There's a possibility they'll let you enter the program (if all other criteria is met), however they will pull you out of the program in order to resolve your warrant/case.  From there you run into the possibility of having your time exceeding the 180 days the boot camp needs to be completed in.  It's in your best interest to make sure everything is resolved PRIOR to resolving the case which involves bootcamp.

Offline kjonesj

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 03:53:54 PM »
Thanks for the information, greatly appreciated!!