• March 18, 2019, 07:18:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Visits Denied  (Read 1140 times)

Offline jkey

Visits Denied
« on: April 05, 2016, 06:53:21 AM »
I worked for IDOC 10 years ago.  My LO got locked up 3 years ago and i went to visit him at the hill but I didn't tell them that i used to work for IDOC.  They found out eventually and made it to where i couldn't visit anymore.  Now my brother is locked up in Graham, I tried to go visit him but they wont let me because of what happened at the hill.  Does anybody know who I can call or what I can do so that I can visit my people.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Visits Denied
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 07:41:28 AM »

You might try writing to the warden at whatever prison you want to visit, this is the procedure that anyone denied visits has to go through.

Good Luck, I hope you get to see your brother.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline FW

Re: Visits Denied
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 12:25:35 AM »
I was a contractual worker at IDOC 10 years ago and had to resign due to my personal involvement with an inmate. The inmate had been released from IDOC about 8 years ago and is now back in IDOC. I am denied visits with this inmate, but just sent a letter to the warden where the block on my name had been placed. I was told it is possible to get approved to visit, but I don't know if anyone has any experience regarding this.