• July 20, 2018, 02:58:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: What time does a visit start?  (Read 1334 times)

Offline scottcnty

What time does a visit start?
« on: March 25, 2016, 06:40:29 PM »
  At Big Muddy today we were asked to leave when the visiting room started filling up. This is not a problem, I can understand it. But today we arrived at the visiting room at 10:30. Our LO works in dining and was told he had visitors at 10:40. He arrived at the visiting room at 11:10, by the time he showered and changed clothes (which he is allowed to do while working in dining). I asked the guard on duty "When does a visit start (cause of first in/first out when it fills up)?" He said when we (visitors) walked in. what I want to know is, does a visit start when the visitor arrives? When the inmate arrives? either/or? Or when the actual visit starts (which would take both inmate and visitors)?

Offline Gizgirl2

Re: What time does a visit start?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 08:27:34 PM »
It should start when both of you are together.

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 12:42:27 PM »
Agreed, it is when both arrive. 

Do you know who the visiting room C.O. was? Were they new in there?  It's never worth an argument, they like to write up incidents in that darn book and are very quick to do so - once it's written in there it never goes away.  A couple of the C.O.'s  will make the announcement that they are about to start terminating visits due to space, if anybody is about to go anyway, would you please let them know. Not all of them do that, but some do.

When I visited there, they put the inmates green tickets in order by the time they arrived to see who was "first" on the list to go.  This was never a problem unless the inmate arrived before the visitor.
He's home!

Offline Jillia

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 07:45:57 PM »
Can you wear long sundresses and sandles or flip flops in the visiting room?? At big muddy thanks in advance

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 02:13:42 AM »
You can wear long dresses but they have to have sleeves and yes you can wear flip flops
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 12:26:47 PM »
I know it sucks but I would think it starts once they sign you in when you enter the reception room.  It isn't right but I am thinking that is the easiest way the guards will use when starting to ask visitors to leave.  They just go down the sign in sheet.   Once we visited our son and we were in the visitors room for over 45 minutes until he showed up part of it was the guards fault and part of it was out son's fault.

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 11:13:45 PM »
At Centralia it starts once you are both in visit room. At big muddy they are all day visits so it rarely mattered but they go by first one called back but they were pretty mindful of those that drove further
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋

Offline Jillia

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 10:36:41 PM »
 Thank you holding it down they let me wear it on mother's day he was so happy I was always wearing sweatpants just so I wouldn't get turned around I'll be glad when they start back giving out this good time that just fade away in the air