• November 13, 2018, 10:31:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Parole site host  (Read 5030 times)

Offline Coby

Parole site host
« on: February 23, 2016, 05:58:17 PM »
Hi, I just received the "I am at bootcamp" information.  Can anyone tell me what parole site host is?  My son's lawyer told him that he would be able to parole out to his own home.  Is that not true?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!  :)

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
Re: Parole site host
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 08:09:22 PM »
That basically means where he's going to parole. They will confirm that it's someplace he will be allowed to parole to.

Offline Coby

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 06:18:38 AM »
The letter says they call the parole site host so I'm confused.  My son has his own home and will live there after BC if he is allowed to.  Will a parole officer need to call someone here to verify that? 

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 07:24:28 AM »
He should be able to parole to his own home, they will work that out with him, but if he lives there alone, maybe they will contact you to verify.

Here is a link to the host site agreement

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=3947.0
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Kdm

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 08:57:33 AM »
The letter says they call the parole site host so I'm confused.  My son has his own home and will live there after BC if he is allowed to.  Will a parole officer need to call someone here to verify that? 

Coby, I was able to parole to my own house after release.  Someone will need to be available to coordinate an inspection of the home, however.  Part of that is making sure the site host is aware of what restrictions are being placed, as well as the rules (most are obvious, some are less, including particular breeds of dogs).  More often than not, someone is being released to someone else's home, so they want to make sure it's an appropriate environment for being released.  Be aware, just because it is his own home doesn't mean he's guaranteed the ability to parole there.

My site was visited less than a week after my getting into BC, however that depends on the case load and efficiency of the parole officer (in my case, mine was on top of things).  In most instances, the person handling the visit will be the parole officer.

Offline Coby

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 05:30:53 PM »
Thank you for your help Forevermah, Zachsmom and Kdm.  I appreciate all the help.  I am worried sick and have a lot of questions.  I don't know what I would do without the answers I get on here. 

Offline kasa

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 11:25:33 PM »
I have some questions about Parole site approval, etc.... What are some of the rules and regulations  for the site,? and do I need to call the field house to set up a parole site visit for approval ? will they call me to set something up ? my work schedule is crazy and I sure don't want to miss the visit..how soon from out date should i expect something ?

Thank you

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 08:14:05 AM »
I have some questions about Parole site approval, etc.... What are some of the rules and regulations  for the site,? and do I need to call the field house to set up a parole site visit for approval ? will they call me to set something up ? my work schedule is crazy and I sure don't want to miss the visit..how soon from out date should i expect something ?

Thank you

They will call you to make an appointment to come and visit.  Did the inmate live at this location before he went in, is it his home? then someone may not be there until he is released.  Once he gets out, they have to sit tight until the PO gets there.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline kasa

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 08:46:59 AM »
how soon before out date could they begin calling ?

Offline Kdm

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 05:34:43 PM »
how soon before out date could they begin calling ?

In my experience, they called within a couple days of my arriving at boot camp, visiting shortly after.

Offline kasa

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 06:40:40 PM »
thank you for the response.... what would cause them not to approve ? just wana make sure everything is ok !!

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 07:10:50 AM »
The wrong breed of dog, to many people living at the residence, guns.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 08:21:18 AM »
Depending on conviction, if sex offender, they have certain rules they have to follow in a parole site too.

Offline calypso

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2016, 05:51:25 PM »
Do you know if the initial "I am at bootcamp" letter gets sent to the official address they have on file? The reason I ask is that we have not heard anything about SS , and I am wondering if his mom (who lives in Illinois) did get the letter and never said. Is that the same address to which they also give info about the parole site? (ie I assume that's the official address on file for him?)

Thanks.

Offline Kdm

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2016, 06:08:20 PM »
Do you know if the initial "I am at bootcamp" letter gets sent to the official address they have on file? The reason I ask is that we have not heard anything about SS , and I am wondering if his mom (who lives in Illinois) did get the letter and never said. Is that the same address to which they also give info about the parole site? (ie I assume that's the official address on file for him?)

Thanks.

The inmate will address the envelope themselves, they can send it to whomever they'd like to get it.

Offline calypso

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2016, 04:33:14 PM »
Thanks. BTW, I was just reading your responses to someone else about why a site would NOT be approved for parole. So, certain kinds of dogs, guns...I assume drugs (or anything else illegal). But what about alcohol? Or the presence of others on parole/probation? In that case is the parolee automatically sent to a halfway house? If so, what are the terms in such a place?

I am just wondering -- I am sure there are people who get out of bootcamp and don't have a place to parole to that is completely "safe" and encourages their new lifestyle -- what happens to them?

Also, BTW, my LO is supposed to call his dad Saturday. We don't have a special phone account or anything. Can he still receive the call on his cell phone?

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2016, 08:10:02 PM »
From what I understand, you must have an account set up through Securus in order for the inmate to successfully make a call

Offline Kdm

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2016, 09:06:36 PM »
You'll want to setup your securus account and put money on it as soon as possible.  Without that, the call will not get through to you.  So that you're aware, just because he's eligible for a phone call based on rules does not mean that he'll be able to make one.  Be patient, it's guaranteed that sometime between now and the end of his stay, there will be a skipped call.

For parole site, alcohol should be fine (there was some at my home).  No guns, no drugs, no gang paraphernalia, certain breeds of dogs.  They will not be allowed to parole somewhere in which someone else is a convicted felon or on parole.  If they don't have an eligible place to parole to, they will be sent to a halfway house.  There's an attempt to put people near their family in those instances, but it's not a sure thing either, due to availability of beds at the halfway houses.  Halfway house rules vary to each specific location.