• October 15, 2018, 04:24:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: New "please be advised" warning voice on calls  (Read 13781 times)

Offline jody0122

Re: New "please be advised" warning voice on calls
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2016, 08:24:13 AM »
I get the same thing from Sheridan and I have a landline phone ,its several times throughout the call and rather annoying when you are talking about something important  such as the kids or something . Its the middle of conversation that so frustrating 

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2016, 11:09:32 AM »
Hey, I might be slightly off the subject but as I read these posts I'm starting to think I may have signed up for one of these third party calling services??? My guy just got to Statesville yesterday (3/4/16) and I set up a profile for him on Inmate Aid and used the sign up for discounted phone service. It sent me a number that my guy has to call that connects to my number I supplied (cell).  So my question, is, is this what the message your hearing is warning you not to do.  Cause if it is I need to cancel so I don't get my number blocked. I thought it was the way your suppose to set it up???  Please help I'm confused. Thanks for all the information I'm getting from this site and all the great members who share their knowledge.  Jenn

This is the ONLY company that is allowed by IDOC for a phone account:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=29629.0
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline chantygirl

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2016, 03:46:52 PM »
I just wanted to let everyone know, we are not being charged for that message.  My phone (landline) keeps track of the call time.  The calls I receive are now 30 minutes and 40 seconds.  That's 10 seconds longer than they used to be, before the message (Yes, I'm THAT anal lol.  We use every second possible).  So, that covers the "Call is from ..." before you press 1, as well as the 2 messages that interrupt the call saying to not use third party calling. 

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2016, 07:02:48 PM »
We get it every time time also and just use regular cell phone via AT&T. 

Offline robdebtar

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 06:42:02 PM »
I think that re-occuring message is now standard on all calls.  I've been getting it, every 2-3 minutes, each time my LO calls since recent incarceration.  Sigh....

Offline moremartha1

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2016, 11:11:51 PM »
I think we should do an action and not accept any calls for one week and when they loose all that money they will take that noise off the call.  They should give us at least two extra minutes for their announcements interrupting our calls.

Offline verysweet34

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2016, 03:46:32 AM »
I personally think they should only have the recording one time at the beginning of the phone call. It's annoying and it waste some of your time from talking to your LO. IJS

Offline cem31

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2016, 11:56:40 AM »
So the man who interrupts our calls has officially gotten on my nerves, but whats has me steamed more than that is these 15 minute cut offs!! While talking to My Love yesterday our first call was cut off, he called back and what do ya kno, the second one was cut at q5 mins too! This didn't start hapoening until after they put that message on our calls and its beyond ridiculous! I am subbmitting for a refund which I'm not holding my breath for since we use a cell phone, but I will take further action if they do refuse to make an adjustment!  :wc20:

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2016, 01:32:02 PM »
I know that when my hubby was in, there were people who would use the 3 way calling feature to call in another party, then the original party would hang up. This would happen on and on for the 30 minutes. Some guys would talk to 4 or 5 different people and only the original call was charged. We used speakerphone, until hubby happened to call while I was in his lawyer's office, I was going to put the call on speaker so that we could all three talk and he said that was not allowed and he could lose phone privileges, so I stopped doing that. If I was at home alone, I would still put the call on speaker so that our babies (the 3 dogs) could hear his voice.

Just remember, while I know all of you follow the rules, there are MANY that do try to do 3 way calls and maybe they are having to do the warnings, more than one time, because there has been an uptick in these type of calls.  It's could be a software glitch too, hope it calms down.

It only takes a few to break the rules, as always, to ruin it for everyone.

Great point Forevermah, I do recall a recent visit where there was a repairman for the phone who was telling the Sgt that he was delayed in the work he needed to do to the phone, and he kept saying that there were several voices on the phone. The Sgt took notes on it and stated the same person does it all the time. I'm not saying that this one person was the cause of the added enforcement, but I can imagine how many ppl are taking advantage...at all facilities. It just sucks that a few bad apples are gona cause added grief for the rest of us!!!! I will truly be glad when My Love's release date comes, I am so beyond done with the IDOC saga!
He's home!

Offline sarashane

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2016, 03:58:31 PM »
What is inmate aid?
I had to go to a prison to find a man who treats me right!

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2016, 06:23:27 PM »
My son doesn't call often because we are very fortunate to visit often but he did call me today and we only got interrupted once at the beginning of the call and had no issues with the call whatsoever, no cut offs, nothing.

Offline DRM87

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2016, 09:59:19 PM »
My son called today, while on phone he said a bulletin announcement came across tv saying Securus was increasing, a connect fee of $3.95, then 15 cents a minute. Has anyone heard of this?

Offline DRM87

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2016, 10:04:46 PM »
Sorry I just seen another post about this. Disregard.

Offline MaryKay

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2017, 12:44:36 PM »
The recording is something that we've gotten used to, but today I am furious!  On a call from my son at Robinson, the recording came on no less than 27 times (seriously, I kept track)!  At the very beginning of the conversation, it repeated 8 times without stopping.  Anyone else have this experience recently?  I'm wondering if it's being generated by the facility and/or by whomever is listening to these calls.

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2017, 12:34:13 AM »
It did this at big muddy last year for a couple months but stopped. It was super annoying. It was during the time they were adding the mp3s and the video visitation kiosks
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋