• December 10, 2018, 06:44:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: New "please be advised" warning voice on calls  (Read 14025 times)

Offline cem31

New "please be advised" warning voice on calls
« on: February 09, 2016, 09:41:03 PM »
My call with My Love tonight was rudely interrupted 3 times by a man's voice to "please be advised that 3rd party calls...yada yada yada", it went on to say that the inmate can be disciplined and that the phone number can be blocked from the inmate's list. Now I'm no stranger to the phone system or any of their nice warnings that many people pay no mind, but this was the first time hearing that message. When did he become a fixture on our calls, and why so many times?? The messages basically came thru every 2-3 minutes in the beginning of the call then no more.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Offline Sunflwrs

Re: New "please be advised" warning voice on calls
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 09:54:56 PM »
Which facility?

Offline Gizgirl2

• Support Staff
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 06:07:23 AM »
Yes last night we experienced the same thing. The guy next to him using the phone also mentioned that it was happening to him as well. Hopefully it was just a one day thing.

Offline OnOurOwn16

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 06:41:44 AM »
My call with My Love tonight was rudely interrupted 3 times by a man's voice to "please be advised that 3rd party calls...yada yada yada", it went on to say that the inmate can be disciplined and that the phone number can be blocked from the inmate's list. Now I'm no stranger to the phone system or any of their nice warnings that many people pay no mind, but this was the first time hearing that message. When did he become a fixture on our calls, and why so many times?? The messages basically came thru every 2-3 minutes in the beginning of the call then no more.

Has anyone else encountered this?

As others have already reported - the same thing happened to me and my LO last night too. And it happened every time he called -- I think we talked 3x last night & you're right -- the msg came on around the 2-3 minute mark and maybe again around the 4-8 minute mark. Grrrrr. This one is longer than the previous msg which simply stated, "No 3rd party calls allowed". I wonder if they were testing out the message on the lines and so every single call was interrupted with this automated voice? I just hope they don't make this a common occurrence. -_- It reminds me of years ago in Cook County when the operator would just come on randomly and interrupt the calls but it was not regarding 3rd party calls but rather a repeat of the initial message stating it was a call from an inmate. *sigh* I wonder if we 'complain' to Securus if they'll work on addressing the frequency of it? Although I have a feeling they'll tell us it is either the facility or the 'cellphone reception' that I have heard when they used to drop calls when they 'thought' 3rd party calls were happening and it was simply a side effect of their technology (albeit claiming it was due to cellphone users having bluetooth or speakerphone on ......and I digress! =P)
Will let you know if it happens to us again this morning/today sometime...

Offline Gizgirl2

• Support Staff
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 08:18:41 AM »
It is doing it again this morning.

Offline BobNBecka

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 08:35:20 AM »
My LO just called from taylorville and its doing it there too.

Offline Lu

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 08:49:52 AM »
In the past, it seems like that message would come on if I had my phone on "speaker".   Would this apply to anyone who is having problems this week?

Offline Sunflwrs

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 09:11:47 AM »
Same thing to me this morning and my LO in Menard.

My LO made a good point, we are paying for the call and it is taking our time and money away each time, 3x, it interrupt our conversation.

I am going to call Securus to politely remind them of this.

Offline Sunflwrs

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 09:22:40 AM »
I contacted Securus Customer Service this is the message that was passed along to me and wanted to share it.

"I understand your concern. Unfortunately, these messages are mandatory provided by the facility's policy. We are unable to disable the calls from permitting these messages.
 You are welcome to voice any concerns and/or complaints towards our corporate office at: Securus Correctional Billing Services P.O. Box 1109 Addison, TX 75001."

Either way, this is the first mid-week phone call I have had in over 17 years and through the interruptions it was great to giggle with my best friend! :wc50:

Offline Sunnie72

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 11:19:17 AM »
I contacted Securus Customer Service this is the message that was passed along to me and wanted to share it.

"I understand your concern. Unfortunately, these messages are mandatory provided by the facility's policy. We are unable to disable the calls from permitting these messages.
 You are welcome to voice any concerns and/or complaints towards our corporate office at: Securus Correctional Billing Services P.O. Box 1109 Addison, TX 75001."

Either way, this is the first mid-week phone call I have had in over 17 years and through the interruptions it was great to giggle with my best friend! :wc50:

I LOVE this site and the information we are able to share.  This happened to me last night and again this morning and of course being a newbie I freak out about every little thing...who wants their number blocked for good from IDOC right?

Thank you so much for posting everyone!!!!

Offline Tex999

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 03:15:05 PM »
I had the same thing happen this morning-it came on several times during our conversation.I only had it once when I was shopping and got a call and you could hear other people. I thought maybe it was something new because he called to tell me he was at the work camp now. I thought it was just because he was in a new spot. Hope they stop-it took at least 5 minutes off my call.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 05:50:46 PM »
Just remember, while I know all of you follow the rules, there are MANY that do try to do 3 way calls and maybe they are having to do the warnings, more than one time, because there has been an uptick in these type of calls.  It could be a software glitch too, hope it calms down.

It only takes a few to break the rules, as always, to ruin it for everyone.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline kasa

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 06:32:02 PM »
same message from graham tonite

Online Jodiewodie32

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 07:18:03 PM »
Yep same from Pinckneyville
💋

Offline Falcon

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 10:22:05 PM »
This also happened to our phone call. My Husband said the only third party on the line was the recording!!!! Sounds like there were just some technical difficulties. I hope they fix that cause we don't pay all this money to hear this guy talking!!!!
\"I\'m with you the second the sunlight touches our side of the world and when the night swallows the day I\'m still yours.\"

Offline cem31

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 10:25:53 PM »

Just remember, while I know all of you follow the rules, there are MANY that do try to do 3 way calls and maybe they are having to do the warnings, more than one time, because there has been an uptick in these type of calls.  It's could be a software glitch too, hope it calms down.

It only takes a few to break the rules, as always, to ruin it for everyone.

Great point Forevermah, I do recall a recent visit where there was a repairman for the phone who was telling the Sgt that he was delayed in the work he needed to do to the phone, and he kept saying that there were several voices on the phone. The Sgt took notes on it and stated the same person does it all the time. I'm not saying that this one person was the cause of the added enforcement, but I can imagine how many ppl are taking advantage...at all facilities. It just sucks that a few bad apples are gona cause added grief for the rest of us!!!! I will truly be glad when My Love's release date comes, I am so beyond done with the IDOC saga!

Offline sdm

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 06:25:49 AM »
 :wc72: I have not got a call yet from my LO ....he is in Pontiac.  A few times we  have used the speaker option on our house phone......also we have many times used both phones to talk....I hope thats not considered 3 way calls? I'm also glad I read about it hear first we would of freaked out lol.....I know he will for sure!

Offline Sunshine18

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 11:44:40 AM »
Same thing happened to me and my LO on Tuesday night.  It was a man's voice and a longer message than just the lady saying no third party calls allowed.  We both freaked for a second and moved on with our conversation however it was annoying!  It happened 3 times within the first 8 minutes of the call and then never happened again.  I hope this is not a long term thing but if it is, like many other things, it's just another thing to get used to and accept.
You are the first thought when I wake up, the last thought before I go to bed and every thought in between! I loved you yesterday, I love you today and I will always love you tomorrow! ♡♡☆☆♡♡

Offline Jendkad

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2016, 07:41:43 AM »
Hey, I might be slightly off the subject but as I read these posts I'm starting to think I may have signed up for one of these third party calling services??? My guy just got to Statesville yesterday (3/4/16) and I set up a profile for him on Inmate Aid and used the sign up for discounted phone service. It sent me a number that my guy has to call that connects to my number I supplied (cell).  So my question, is, is this what the message your hearing is warning you not to do.  Cause if it is I need to cancel so I don't get my number blocked. I thought it was the way your suppose to set it up???  Please help I'm confused. Thanks for all the information I'm getting from this site and all the great members who share their knowledge.  Jenn

Offline Gizgirl2

• Support Staff
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2016, 07:46:15 AM »
The third party call the message is talking about is a 3 way call. But the service you signed up for is not allowed they have to go through Securus. I wouldn't use that service that you are talking about. It could cause a lot of problems and he could lose his phone privledges.